Author Topic: As NYC opens new migrant shelters, costs continue to soar  (Read 111 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As NYC opens new migrant shelters, costs continue to soar
« on: March 28, 2023, 02:05:52 pm »
As NYC opens new migrant shelters, costs continue to soar
Published March 14, 2023New York CityFOX 5 NY

NYC opens two new migrant shelters
As New York City continues to look for places to house migrants, two new facilities are opening in Manhattan and Brooklyn. But as more and more migrants arrive in the city, costs are continuing to rise, along with frustration over the shelters' placements.

NEW YORK - New York City is opening two new emergency migrant shelters as the number of asylum seekers entering the city since last spring tops 51,000.

One site will be located in Times Square’s vacant Candler Tower office building, which was once home to the country’s busiest 24-hour McDonald’s before it closed during the pandemic.

The second shelter will open in a six-story commercial building on 455 Jefferson Street in Brooklyn.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/as-nyc-opens-new-migrant-shelters-costs-continue-to-soar
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson