Author Topic: America's First All-Muslim City Council Is Riddled with Antisemites  (Read 250 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
America's First All-Muslim City Council Is Riddled with Antisemites
by Benjamin Baird
JNS
March 21, 2023

On Feb. 28, America's first all-Muslim city council in Hamtramck, Michigan passed a proclamation "opposing military aid to all repressive governments." Although the bill makes ambiguous statements about "the right of every occupied nation to gain freedom, sovereignty and independence," it specifically mentions the plight of "the Palestinian people."

It was obvious that the resolution was a poorly-concealed attempt to demonize the State of Israel. Moreover, it came from a city government steeped in antisemitism and hatred of the Jewish state.

Surrounded by inner-city Detroit, Hamtramck is a century-old incorporated enclave with a growing Muslim majority. In 2021, the city made national headlines after electing an all-Muslim city council and a Muslim mayor. The new municipal leadership quickly set about implementing controversial reforms, passing an at-home animal sacrifice ordinance and discouraging the display of gay rights flags on city property.

https://www.meforum.org/64270/america-first-all-muslim-city-council-is-riddled
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: America's First All-Muslim City Council Is Riddled with Antisemites
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 02:03:34 pm »
 ////00000////

One could make the argument that government itself, by it's very nature, is repressive.

Why can't I drive 80 MPH in a school zone?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 09:54:51 pm »
"America's First All-Muslim City Council Is Riddled with Antisemites"

(cough)
Ahem...
Is this supposed to be a surprise...?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 12:22:10 am »
Ahm shocked!

SHOCKED,AH TELLS YA
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!