Author Topic: Trump calls for contest to create futuristic ‘Freedom Cities’  (Read 4207 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Trump calls for contest to create futuristic ‘Freedom Cities’
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2023, 09:36:41 pm »
All I'm saying is try not to allow disappoinment, cynicism and fear to consume you.  For once, try encouraging those willing to put fresh eyes on a solution ----- motivate them to venture outside the box you created in a desperate attempt to control a messy world.

Promising to waste trillions of dollars the U.S. taxpayer does not have building a concept that was invented in the 1920s, and was shown to be a failure by the 1990s, at best, is not a matter of putting fresh eyes on a solution, it's a matter of buying into failure.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2023, 09:46:04 pm »
 ////00000////

How about Mogadishu, Somolia?  Not much pesky Government interference there.  Not very much Government, period.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline berdie

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2023, 09:47:18 pm »
Their attempt to control a messy world. ?????

I sincerely hope you didn't mean this like it sounds.@Right_in_Virginia.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2023, 09:55:16 pm »
////00000////

How about Mogadishu, Somolia?  Not much pesky Government interference there.  Not very much Government, period.

Certainly government has a role to play; I don't see anyone saying otherwise; but that role doesn't include building a planned boondoggle on federal land where no city currently exists.  That was done in various decades in the 20th Century, and almost all of those planned cities ended up being failures.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2023, 10:03:29 pm »
Trump has frequently spoken of American innovation, uniqueness, courage.  He's done so not only at rallies for years, he included this theme in the 2020 SOTU address. 

The American nation was carved out of the vast frontier by the toughest, strongest, fiercest, and most determined men and women ever to walk on the face of the Earth. Our ancestors braved the unknown; tamed the wilderness; settled the Wild West; lifted millions from poverty, disease, and hunger; vanquished tyranny and fascism; ushered the world to new heights of science and medicine; laid down the railroads, dug out the canals, raised up the skyscrapers. And, ladies and gentlemen, our ancestors built the most exceptional republic ever to exist in all of human history, and we are making it greater than ever before.

This is our glorious and magnificent inheritance. We are Americans. We are pioneers. We are the pathfinders. We settled the New World, we built the modern world, and we changed history forever by embracing the eternal truth that everyone is made equal by the hand of Almighty God.

America is the place where anything can happen. America is the place where anyone can rise. And here, on this land, on this soil, on this continent, the most incredible dreams come true.

This nation is our canvas, and this country is our masterpiece. We look at tomorrow and see unlimited frontiers just waiting to be explored. Our brightest discoveries are not yet known. Our most thrilling stories are not yet told. Our grandest journeys are not yet made. The American Age, the American Epic, the American adventure has only just begun.

Our spirit is still young, the sun is still rising, God’s grace is still shining, and, my fellow Americans, the best is yet to come.

President Donald J. Trump
February 4, 2020

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2023, 10:05:32 pm »

I have no way of knowing what you heard @berdie

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2023, 10:13:44 pm »

Trump needs to realize that the powers afforded to him as a president are limited.  He is not a dictator, controller and certainly not an authoritarian.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2023, 10:13:58 pm »
I have no way of knowing what you heard @berdie

I didn't hear anything @Right_in_Virginia . I was questioning your post #49.

For this evening...I'm gone. But I will really like to see what you think.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2023, 10:15:28 pm »
This isn't 1962, and we aren't that country. This is bread and circuses when we got larger problems, and don't need to add more to them.

Let's start fixing what we have first.

888high58888

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2023, 10:17:08 pm »

The Space Force is necessary, however, I'm afraid those 'Freedom Cities' will end up those Ghost Cities like the ones in China

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt-Pa5s5zZI

Agreed.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2023, 10:21:50 pm »
Central Government city planning was attempted in the 1950s and 1960s.  Much current infrastructure spending has to be allocated to fixing the problems that 1950s and 1960s "Urban Renewal" caused.

Tangerine Mussolini wants to build "Freedom Cities" as a real estate scam that enriches the Trump Organization and other real estate development interests.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2023, 10:24:32 pm »
Central Government city planning was attempted in the 1950s and 1960s.  Much current infrastructure spending has to be allocated to fixing the problems that 1950s and 1960s "Urban Renewal" caused.

Tangerine Mussolini wants to build "Freedom Cities" as a real estate scam that enriches the Trump Organization and other real estate development interests.

Him wanting to fatten his wallet is a given.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2023, 10:29:13 pm »

I didn't hear anything @Right_in_Virginia . I was questioning your post #49.

For this evening...I'm gone. But I will really like to see what you think.

Put another way:. What about my post are you questioning @berdie

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2023, 10:31:31 pm »
Him wanting to fatten his wallet is a given.

This is beneath you @libertybele

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2023, 10:32:06 pm »
If we were to build some new futuristic city let's do it on the moon.

Failing that we could annex, overtake, or flat overrun one of the Alien cities/bases already there.   :patriot:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2023, 10:40:51 pm »
There was a time when America embraced a challenge . I imagine many in 1962 thought landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to Earth by the end of the decade was ridiculous and a waste of money.

Don't be afraid of engaging the dreamers and innovators among us; encourage them.

Oh HELL NO.
We can't afford his ridiculous dream.

Stop taking other peoples' money unnecessarily.
Stop growing this overweening federal government.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2023, 10:44:28 pm »
And don't forget Trump's insistance that we have flying cars.   I always wanted to be one of the Jetsons.  Heck I might get a dog named Astro too.   :cool:

Oooh WAIT!

ELECTRIC flying cars!   *****rollingeyes*****

888high58888  :silly: :cool:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2023, 10:49:10 pm »
All I'm saying is try not to allow disappoinment, cynicism and fear to consume you.  For once, try encouraging those willing to put fresh eyes on a solution ----- motivate them to venture outside the box you created in a desperate attempt to control a messy world.

Booming federal government is NEVER a solution.

N.E.V.E.R.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2023, 10:53:43 pm »
If we were to build some new futuristic city let's do it on the moon.

Failing that we could annex, overtake, or flat overrun one of the Alien cities/bases already there.   :patriot:

Perhaps a possibility, they just found caverns on the moon with an abundance of water.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2023, 10:54:09 pm »
Oh HELL NO.

I was worried you wouldn't show up.  So, thanks.  With the clock ticking down, you just won a free dinner for me. 

Gotta go.  6666kiss

Offline LMAO

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2023, 10:59:08 pm »
Oh HELL NO.

There you go talk'n that silly fiscal sanity talk

Don't you understand that that's what the Fed is for? They can print all the money we need

Dream Big!!!!!

This is just an updated version of the Model Cities program from the Johnson era. And the end result will be the same. This is doomed to fail before it even gets started

So at what point do we get to call him Lyndon Baines Trump?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 11:05:42 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2023, 11:03:42 pm »

Ridiculous. You're contradicting yourself. Shiny super megacities are not the solution to a messy world. They are practically anti- everything conservative.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2023, 11:12:07 pm »
There you go talk'n that silly fiscal sanity talk

Don't you understand that that's what the Fed is for? They can print all the money we need

Dream Big!!!!!

This is just an updated version of the Model Cities program from the Johnson era. And the end result will be the same. This is doomed to fail before it even gets started

So at what point do we get to call him Lyndon Baines Trump?

Them that don't know history are doomed to repeat it... h/t George Santayana

A concept any Conservative would understand intuitively.

But one Tumpy is obviously and entirely ignorant of.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2023, 11:13:17 pm »
Ridiculous. You're contradicting yourself. Shiny super megacities are not the solution to a messy world. They are practically anti- everything conservative.

Very much so...

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2023, 11:18:35 pm »
And don't forget Trump's insistance that we have flying cars.   I always wanted to be one of the Jetsons.  Heck I might get a dog named Astro too.   :cool:

Mrs. L has dibs on Rosie.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck