Author Topic: Trump calls for contest to create futuristic ‘Freedom Cities’  (Read 4194 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trump calls for contest to create futuristic ‘Freedom Cities’
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2023, 09:18:55 pm »

Cool...  Great read.......   except who is paying for this?  Do you got $10-15T on ya?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2023, 09:25:22 pm »
That entire statement is utterly absurd.

Which statement (the quote box is blank)?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2023, 09:35:40 pm »
Cool...  Great read.......   except who is paying for this?  Do you got $10-15T on ya?

You’re not gonna get an answer

Remember when we paid women to have babies?  We called it The Great Society. It encouraged mothers to push fathers out of the picture. It was one of those good intentioned ideas that had huge unintended consequences.

Although MAGAs will never admit this, if Joe Biden was pushing all of this, they, along with us, would be further questioning his faculties. Really this is all utter nonsense.

It’s one thing to talk about replacement rates and he’s not wrong. But his idea is.

And we’re gonna have to face the reality that we don’t have the funds for all of these great ideas

The rising cost of living is the underlying problem. Handing out bonuses for having babies is not the answer. As long as we continue to spend and print, that will further devalue the dollar and make the standard of living lower for everybody.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 09:42:25 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2023, 09:46:42 pm »
You’re not gonna get an answer

Remember when we paid women to have babies?  We called it The Great Society. It encouraged mothers to push fathers out of the picture. It was one of those good intentioned ideas that had huge unintended consequences.

Although MAGAs will never admit this, if Joe Biden was pushing all of this, they, along with us, would be further questioning his faculties. Really this is all utter nonsense.

It’s one thing to talk about replacement rates and he’s not wrong. But his idea is.

And we’re gonna have to face the reality that we don’t have the funds for all of these great ideas

The rising cost of living is the underlying problem. Handing out bonuses for having babies is not the answer. As long as we continue to spend and print, that will further devalue the dollar and make the standard of living lower for everybody.

Poor big government Republicans... Great intentions that will suffer from unintended consequences...

Just like democrats.  **nononono* *****rollingeyes*****

This will fix nothing. And cost trillions upon trillions.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2023, 10:00:00 pm »
Lenin must be so proud of Trump's first Five Four Year Plan.

What we need is less government, not more.  I don't really expect any philosophical coherence from Trump, but it's kind of amusing to what other allegedly conservative "thinkers" out there so eagerly toss away their opposition to bigger government.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2023, 12:25:28 am »

What we need is less government, not more.  I don't really expect any philosophical coherence from Trump, but it's kind of amusing to what other allegedly conservative "thinkers" out there so eagerly toss away their opposition to bigger government.

Well, how about we try this again?   :whistle:

DeSantis signs $711 million Florida affordable housing plan into law
Yahoo, Mar 29, 2023, Naples Daily News

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Wednesday signed into law a $711 million plan to make housing more affordable for working Floridians. A priority of Senate President Kathleen Passidomo, the “Live Local Act,” will more than double funding for housing and rental programs, provide incentives for investment in affordable housing and encourage mixed-use developments in struggling commercial areas.

“As demand is high to move to a place like Florida, it makes it more challenging for folks to be able to afford,” DeSantis said during a bill-signing event in Naples. “I think this is the biggest effort that's ever been done in the history of Florida.”

But the new law (SB 102) has drawn criticism from some groups because it will bar local rent controls and pre-empt local government rules on zoning, density and building heights in certain circumstances.

Passidomo, R-Naples, said the goal is to make it possible for people to afford to live in neighborhoods where they work.

“Florida has attracted so many new people to move here. And that has just exacerbated the problem,” Passidomo said. “And we don't have one solution to the problem. But the Live Local Act is an amazing, multifaceted, 106-page bill of ideas and suggestions on how we can provide affordable, safe housing for our workers.”

Among other things, the bill will create tax exemptions for developments that set aside at least 70 units for affordable housing and will speed permits and development orders for affordable-housing projects. The bill will provide money for a series of programs, including $252 million for the longstanding State Housing Initiatives Partnership, or SHIP, program; $150 million a year to the State Apartment Incentive Loan, or SAIL, program; and an additional $100 million for the Hometown Heroes program, which is designed to help teachers, health care workers and police officers buy homes.

https://news.yahoo.com/desantis-signs-affordable-housing-plan-162100136.html