Author Topic: Experts Question Military Recruiting Fixes Such as Pre-Boot Camp Courses  (Read 116 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Experts Question Military Recruiting Fixes Such as Pre-Boot Camp Courses

8 Konstantin Toropin
Mon, March 27, 2023 at 5:44 PM EDT·

The military grew complacent with recruiting during the Global War on Terror, and that left it unprepared for the difficulties of finding new recruits after recent shocks from the pandemic and a newly competitive labor market, according to a group of experts Monday.

The lack of preparation is a key reason the services face a recruiting crisis now, and even some of the programs the branches have put in place to ease the dearth of Americans prepared to sign up come with their own risks, said panelists at an event on military recruiting and retention hosted by the Brookings Institution, a bipartisan think tank based in Washington, D.C.

"The number one reason we're struggling with recruiting right now is complacency -- complacency because the military assumed that people would want to continue buying VHS tapes, compact discs, and riding Peloton bikes at home," Thomas Spoehr, a retired three-star general and now director of the Center for National Defense at the Heritage Foundation, told attendees.

https://news.yahoo.com/experts-military-recruiting-fixes-pre-214415239.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

"The number one reason we're struggling with recruiting right now is complacency -- complacency because the military assumed that people would want to continue buying VHS tapes, compact discs, and riding Peloton bikes at home," Thomas Spoehr, a retired three-star general and now director of the Center for National Defense at the Heritage Foundation, told attendees.

https://news.yahoo.com/experts-military-recruiting-fixes-pre-214415239.html

No, you're struggling because you deliberately chose to alienate conservative and traditionalist families that have been at the core of the military recruitment pool.

It's funny watching these guys deny that every time it's raised.  I know so many other Marine Corps veterans who have stopped recommending service to young people because of the woke crap.  I know multi-generation marine families who have done the same.

Things like General Milley talking about needing to understand "white rage" have resonated.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 02:12:43 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »