Author Topic: EU abandons ban of combustion engine cars – Britain needs to follow suit  (Read 121 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EU abandons ban of combustion engine cars – Britain needs to follow suit
MARCH 27, 2023

By Paul Homewood

London, 27 March – Net Zero Watch has welcomed yesterday’s EU agreement not to ban the sale of cars with internal combustion engines (ICE) after 2035.

Net Zero Watch is calling on Rishi Sunak to follow suit and abandon its 2030 ban of the sale of ICE cars.

According to the agreement conventional cars can continue to be sold and registered after 2035 if they only use fuels that are CO2-neutral. This will allow car makers to continue producing and selling conventional models indefinitely.

"Now that the European ban of the sale of combustion engine cars has been overturned, the government will come under growing pressure to follow suit if it wants to avoid destroying the British car industry for good," said Dr Benny Peiser, director of Net Zero Watch.

The EU agreed in February to set the 2035 date for ending the sale of ICE cars, but Germany and a coalition of seven EU countries lodged last-minute objections and called for the use of e-fuelled ICE cars beyond 2035.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/03/27/eu-abandons-ban-of-combustion-engine-cars-britain-needs-to-follow-suit/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson