Author Topic: Nashville school shooting: Biden criticized for joking about ice cream in first statement since atta  (Read 397 times)

Offline libertybele

Lert's Go Brandon!!!!!  What a flippin lunatic!!

Nashville school shooting: Biden criticized for joking about ice cream in first statement since attack

President Biden was criticized Monday for his response to the Nashville school shooting after he joked that he only made a public appearance because he heard there would be ice cream before discussing the tragedy that claimed the lives of three adults and three children at an elementary school earlier in the day.

"My name is Joe Biden. I’m Dr. Jill Biden’s husband," Biden said from the White House's East Room in his first public appearance since a 28-year-old woman shot and killed three students and three teachers at a Christian private school in Nashville. "I eat Jeni’s ice cream — chocolate chip. I came down because I heard there was chocolate chip ice cream," he continued. "By the way, I have a whole refrigerator full upstairs," he added. "You think I’m kidding? I’m not," Biden told the crowd...........

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nashville-school-shooting-biden-torched-joking-ice-cream-first-statement-attack
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Fox cut him off ...

"In the wake of a school shooting, Joe Biden says he came down to speak because he heard there was ice cream and gets distracted by “good looking kids” in the audience."

https://mobile.twitter.com/alx/status/1640427165081583623

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe Biden Has Finally reached the Wonder Years.
Wonders where he is.
Wonders what day it is.
Wonders who he is.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Lord knows how much I hate the guy, but giving him a pass on this.

Blame his handlers if anything.

No different than the look on GWB's face as his aide was whispering to him that America was under attack on 9-11-01.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

... On Tuesday, a reporter asked Biden if he thought Christians had been targeted in that mass shooting at a private Christian school. Note that this wasn’t the reporter’s suggestion … they were just paraphrasing what Sen. Josh Hawley had claimed, otherwise, it would have never come up.

Biden decided to joke that no, he didn’t think so, once he’d heard that extreme MAGA insurrectionist Sen. Hawley had suggested it.

https://twitter.com/DJJudd/status/1640834043854876676
More at Twitchy
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

Lord knows how much I hate the guy, but giving him a pass on this.

Blame his handlers if anything.

No different than the look on GWB's face as his aide was whispering to him that America was under attack on 9-11-01.
:bsflag: 8bs8
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.