General Category > Health/Education

‘Holy grail’ of cancer detection predicts tumors a year before they form: breakthrough

(1/1)

Kamaji:
‘Holy grail’ of cancer detection predicts tumors a year before they form: breakthrough

By Hannah Sparks
March 27, 2023

The future of cancer treatment — hailed as the “holy grail” of early detection — is now being put to the test.

Following a radically successful trial on cancer patients, a new blood test that promises to predict tumors more than a year before they begin to form is now being applied in hospitals across the United Kingdom.

“This is the first pan-cancer blood test,” said Ashish Tripathi, founder and CEO of Tzar Labs as well as chairman of Epigeneres Biotech, the Indian firm where the test was first developed in 2021. An updated report on their findings was published this month in the journal Stem Cells.

“We can detect [cancer] earlier than other known technologies … before the tumor has physically formed,” Tripathi continued during a new interview with author and medical advocate Deepak Chopra.

“Not only can I actually detect it at this stage — I can actually tell you which cancer and where it is forming, straight from a blood test.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/27/holy-grail-of-cancer-detection-predicts-tumors-a-year-before-they-form-breakthrough/

Free Vulcan:
After Elizabeth Holmes, color me skeptical till I see the proof under rigorous testing.

massadvj:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on March 27, 2023, 10:55:04 pm ---After Elizabeth Holmes, color me skeptical till I see the proof under rigorous testing.

--- End quote ---

Yep. There is a lot of bogus information in the capital-hungry biotech space.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on March 27, 2023, 10:55:04 pm ---After Elizabeth Holmes, color me skeptical till I see the proof under rigorous testing.

--- End quote ---
Yep. Me, too.

sneakypete:
Guys,it may  be a bogus claim from some company hoping to temporarily pump up their stock value,
but there is also a chance it MIGHT be real.

Let's all hope so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version