General Category > Elections 2024

Fox News Commentator says that “the Bushes” and Karl Rove are running Ron DeSantis’ shadow president

<< < (2/7) > >>

Maj. Bill Martin:
I said this in another thread, but you cannot assume that people only support those who agree 100% with them.  We supported Stalin in World War II not because we thought Stalin was a great guy, but because we thought he was better than an even worse guy.

I doubt DeSantis would be the dream candidate of the Rove/Bush wing, but they may well prefer DeSantis to Trump for the exact same reasons many of us do.  And Rove worked for Trump in 2020 not because he thought Trump was a great guy, but because he thought the Democrats were so much worse.

I'm actually more likely to support a candidate who draws support from as wide a spectrum as possible.

Kamaji:
All the more reason to encourage Governor DeSantis to sit out the shitshow that will be 2024, to focus on honing his policies and governing skills as the Governor of Florida, and get prepared for 2028.

Time will tell which way he goes.

kevindavis007:
1. I wouldn't trust anything from Alex I have seen this shrub posting on Twitter and trust me he can't be trusted
2. Who is this Fox News Commentator? Levin? Hannity?
3. So what, at least Bush won two terms and Rove knows how to win an election of two. 

Free Vulcan:
I find it hard to believe that RDS has been governing the way he has, all the time hanging with Rove and the Bushes. He's more than savvy enough to know that brand is toxic.

Whoever Sparky is there on Fox, he needs to pony up the proof, otherwise he's just another Trump shill.

libertybele:
I'm going by DeSantis' record. He has done very well for Florida. 

Jeb! one of his predecessors not so much so I truly question if the Bushies are running DeSantis.

As far as Rove.  He became irrelevant quite some time ago when his polls became very inaccurate.

I like DeSantis and I am glad that he's my governor.  He is conservative, popular and competent. I don't know any Bushie that can claim those attributes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version