General Category > Elections 2024

Fox News Commentator says that “the Bushes” and Karl Rove are running Ron DeSantis’ shadow president

<< < (3/7) > >>

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: libertybele on March 27, 2023, 07:54:51 pm ---I'm going by DeSantis' record. He has done very well for Florida. 

Jeb! one of his predecessors not so much so I truly question if the Bushies are running DeSantis.

As far as Rove.  He became irrelevant quite some time ago when his polls became very inaccurate.

I like DeSantis and I am glad that he's my governor.  He is conservative, popular and competent. I don't know any Bushie that can claim those attributes.

--- End quote ---

:thumbsup:

Maj. Bill Martin:
There is no way on hell the Bushes would have been on board with DeSantis sending illegals up north.  Not in a million years.  But he did it anyway.

To the extent they support DeSantis, it's because they aren't Democrats, still want to win, and don't like Trump.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on March 27, 2023, 07:19:41 pm ---All the more reason to encourage Governor DeSantis to sit out the shitshow that will be 2024, to focus on honing his policies and governing skills as the Governor of Florida, and get prepared for 2028.

Time will tell which way he goes.

--- End quote ---

If there were an alternative, I might agree with you.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on March 27, 2023, 07:52:04 pm ---I find it hard to believe that RDS has been governing the way he has, all the time hanging with Rove and the Bushes. He's more than savvy enough to know that brand is toxic.

Whoever Sparky is there on Fox, he needs to pony up the proof, otherwise he's just another Trump shill.

--- End quote ---

More than that, he came in on the TEA Party wave, was a founding member of the Freedom Caucus way before he was governor. His governorship jibes with his Tea Party beginnings and Congressional tour.

He is against Ukraine involvement... that does not sound like a neocon.

cato potatoe:
Mark Simone is speaking as a cult member.  It doesn't have to make sense.  DeSantis compiled an ACU rating of 99.31% over six years in congress.  Trump's butt-buddy Charlie Crist scored 6.3%.  Things have not changed since 2018.  The Bush reference is laughable, albeit odd, because the same people who treat the Bushes like lepers would have zotted you for criticizing them not long ago. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version