Author Topic: Fox News Commentator says that “the Bushes” and Karl Rove are running Ron DeSantis’ shadow president  (Read 1382 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If this is true, DeSantis won't get my vote in the GOP Primary.

In 2000, Rove & Co. sold us a "conservative" for President, only to defraud conservatives after the election.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:00:44 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Wouldn't that then mean that Trump is the puppet of Putin?
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

In 2000, Rove & Co. sold us a "conservative" for President, only to defraud conservatives after the election.

No, and I’m on board with you. We do not need another Bush  in the White House.

But before MAGAs pat themselves on the back… Oops
https://americanindependent.com/karl-rove-donald-trump-campaign-adviser-iraq-war-george-bush-twitter/amp/

Their reaction to this is gonna be similar to what it was in 2016 when it was found out that Ted Cruz’s wife work for Goldman Sachs. But when Trump hired them, well, Goldman Sachs was good.

There’s no shortage of hypocrisy in politics and organized religion

I may end up just writing in Rand Paul for president this year. Or even his father like I did in 2008.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:34:14 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I said this in another thread, but you cannot assume that people only support those who agree 100% with them.  We supported Stalin in World War II not because we thought Stalin was a great guy, but because we thought he was better than an even worse guy.

I doubt DeSantis would be the dream candidate of the Rove/Bush wing, but they may well prefer DeSantis to Trump for the exact same reasons many of us do.  And Rove worked for Trump in 2020 not because he thought Trump was a great guy, but because he thought the Democrats were so much worse.

I'm actually more likely to support a candidate who draws support from as wide a spectrum as possible.

Offline Kamaji

All the more reason to encourage Governor DeSantis to sit out the shitshow that will be 2024, to focus on honing his policies and governing skills as the Governor of Florida, and get prepared for 2028.

Time will tell which way he goes.

Offline kevindavis007

1. I wouldn't trust anything from Alex I have seen this shrub posting on Twitter and trust me he can't be trusted
2. Who is this Fox News Commentator? Levin? Hannity?
3. So what, at least Bush won two terms and Rove knows how to win an election of two. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
I find it hard to believe that RDS has been governing the way he has, all the time hanging with Rove and the Bushes. He's more than savvy enough to know that brand is toxic.

Whoever Sparky is there on Fox, he needs to pony up the proof, otherwise he's just another Trump shill.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

I'm going by DeSantis' record. He has done very well for Florida. 

Jeb! one of his predecessors not so much so I truly question if the Bushies are running DeSantis.

As far as Rove.  He became irrelevant quite some time ago when his polls became very inaccurate.

I like DeSantis and I am glad that he's my governor.  He is conservative, popular and competent. I don't know any Bushie that can claim those attributes.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

I'm going by DeSantis' record. He has done very well for Florida. 

Jeb! one of his predecessors not so much so I truly question if the Bushies are running DeSantis.

As far as Rove.  He became irrelevant quite some time ago when his polls became very inaccurate.

I like DeSantis and I am glad that he's my governor.  He is conservative, popular and competent. I don't know any Bushie that can claim those attributes.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

There is no way on hell the Bushes would have been on board with DeSantis sending illegals up north.  Not in a million years.  But he did it anyway.

To the extent they support DeSantis, it's because they aren't Democrats, still want to win, and don't like Trump.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 04:18:28 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

All the more reason to encourage Governor DeSantis to sit out the shitshow that will be 2024, to focus on honing his policies and governing skills as the Governor of Florida, and get prepared for 2028.

Time will tell which way he goes.

If there were an alternative, I might agree with you.

Offline roamer_1

I find it hard to believe that RDS has been governing the way he has, all the time hanging with Rove and the Bushes. He's more than savvy enough to know that brand is toxic.

Whoever Sparky is there on Fox, he needs to pony up the proof, otherwise he's just another Trump shill.

More than that, he came in on the TEA Party wave, was a founding member of the Freedom Caucus way before he was governor. His governorship jibes with his Tea Party beginnings and Congressional tour.

He is against Ukraine involvement... that does not sound like a neocon.

Online cato potatoe

Mark Simone is speaking as a cult member.  It doesn't have to make sense.  DeSantis compiled an ACU rating of 99.31% over six years in congress.  Trump's butt-buddy Charlie Crist scored 6.3%.  Things have not changed since 2018.  The Bush reference is laughable, albeit odd, because the same people who treat the Bushes like lepers would have zotted you for criticizing them not long ago. 

Online mountaineer

1. I wouldn't trust anything from Alex I have seen this shrub posting on Twitter and trust me he can't be trusted
Agreed. His tweets are nuts.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sorry, Karl:

"Republican primary voters are not going to choose this guy over the President who pulled us out of the Paris climate accord & achieved net energy exports for the first time since the 1950’s". (RDS Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/_johnnymaga/status/1640355215818780673

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

If there were an alternative, I might agree with you.

That's the bottom line for me.  I think those of us who either left or were never in the Trump camp deserve a legitimate alternative in the primaries.   The only guy I can think of who might fit that bill is Pompeo, but I just don't think he has the name recognition.

Hadn't thought of this before, but Trump in a primary against Nikki Haley is a freaking disaster waiting to happen.  He almost certainly would say something about her that would offend every GOP woman and swing voter who may be on the fence.  He had a pattern of making those kind of comments against female challengers in 2015-16, and if anything, he's probably even less careful with his words now.  So if I'm a Trump voter, I'd be hoping there'd be some guy with a higher profile in that primary to make it less likely that he does that.

Offline roamer_1

That's the bottom line for me.  I think those of us who either left or were never in the Trump camp deserve a legitimate alternative in the primaries.   The only guy I can think of who might fit that bill is Pompeo, but I just don't think he has the name recognition.

Hadn't thought of this before, but Trump in a primary against Nikki Haley is a freaking disaster waiting to happen.  He almost certainly would say something about her that would offend every GOP woman and swing voter who may be on the fence.  He had a pattern of making those kind of comments against female challengers in 2015-16, and if anything, he's probably even less careful with his words now.  So if I'm a Trump voter, I'd be hoping there'd be some guy with a higher profile in that primary to make it less likely that he does that.

Yeah... It ain't Tump. It ain't Hailey. And it sure as hell ain't McCain if she gets in the ring.
All big gov. All RINO. None are conservative. All non-starters, so there is no way to sway me with any of them.

But it is stoopid early yet, and I would be surprised if DeSantis throws his hat in any time soon... And who knows who else might show up... There's a year to go.

ANY Conservative will get my support. We need to quit settling for less.

Offline art.prout

:bigsilly:

Offline art.prout

Yeah... It ain't Tump. It ain't Hailey. And it sure as hell ain't McCain if she gets in the ring.
All big gov. All RINO. None are conservative. All non-starters, so there is no way to sway me with any of them.

But it is stoopid early yet, and I would be surprised if DeSantis throws his hat in any time soon... And who knows who else might show up... There's a year to go.

ANY Conservative will get my support.
We need to quit settling for less.

You will never (in your remaining lifetime) ever get to vote for a "Conservative" POTUS candidate, those days have LONG gone by.  The only place where you may find those candidates is at the State (and often well below) level.  Focus your efforts there if you want to get behind a "Conservative" guy or gal.  (That is exactly what I do.)

Offline roamer_1

You will never (in your remaining lifetime) ever get to vote for a "Conservative" POTUS candidate, those days have LONG gone by.  The only place where you may find those candidates is at the State (and often well below) level.  Focus your efforts there if you want to get behind a "Conservative" guy or gal.  (That is exactly what I do.)

I don't believe that - The TEA Party arose when all hope seemed lost...

But if you are right, then I will not vote for another president. To do so would be counter-productive.
I refuse to vote for neocons or liberals on the Right.

Offline Longiron

Old News. Most anyone that follows this stuff know Bushes, Rove and Murdock and possible Soros behind Little Ronnie

Online libertybele

Old News. Most anyone that follows this stuff know Bushes, Rove and Murdock and possible Soros behind Little Ronnie

I declare b.s.  Rove, Bush, and Soros are not conservatives, but DeSantis is extremely conservative.  So, that's who they're pushing, is a conservative?  Right.

No I wouldn't put it past that crew to entice Trump to go after DeSantis to get him out of the way; that is more logical.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

Sounds like all hat, no cattle carney barking.
The Republic is lost.