Author Topic: 2016 All Over Again?  (Read 465 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
2016 All Over Again?
« on: March 27, 2023, 01:38:21 pm »
2016 All Over Again?

The proposition that “Trumpism” could exist without its progenitor appears to have failed.
By Matthew Boose
March 26, 2023

The 2024 Republican primary has hardly begun, but Donald Trump already appears to be on a glide path to the nomination. There are unmistakable echoes of 2016. The so-called conservative movement’s anointed one, dubbed “DeFuture” in the Murdoch-owned New York Post just months ago, looks to be imploding after being puffed up by months of breathless praise.

In the online pundit wars, those favorable to Ron DeSantis, known endearingly as “DeSimps,” have complained about Trump’s incivility and lack of True Conservative™ credentials, as evinced by his bullying of “Meatball Ron” and the Stormy Daniels tabloid fodder that has been dredged up by New York City District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s witch hunt.

It is amusing to see self-described “populists” act surprised at Trump’s behavior. They should know better than to moralize about “decency,” or the rules of political engagement they have righteously shredded—at least before they developed the ambition to challenge Trump.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2023/03/26/2016-all-over-again/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: 2016 All Over Again?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 01:48:36 pm »
This is not 2016

I do believe that Trump is going to get the nomination (as of now.) I don’t know where all this pushing Ron DeSantis came from when the guy hasn’t even said anything about running.

But the advantages that he had in 2016 are gone. Hillary Clinton isn’t running against him and the map has gotten more hostile to him than in 2016. And the EC saved him in 2016.

That’s why many of us are going to vote Republican downticket in order to try to gain the Senate and hold the House. There needs to be a stronger buffer against Joe Biden’s disasters than there is now
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 02:03:38 pm »
By the day, it seems '24 is lost to the Orange carnival barker and his traveling shit show.

Conservatives need to pool their resouces, give Trump the finger, and have laser focus and obsession to secure the House and the Senate.

Seems an obstructionist path seems the wisest.  Then regroup for '28.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 02:08:43 pm »
This is not 2016

I do believe that Trump is going to get the nomination (as of now.) I don’t know where all this pushing Ron DeSantis came from when the guy hasn’t even said anything about running.

But the advantages that he had in 2016 are gone. Hillary Clinton isn’t running against him and the map has gotten more hostile to him than in 2016. And the EC saved him in 2016.

That’s why many of us are going to vote Republican downticket in order to try to gain the Senate and hold the House. There needs to be a stronger buffer against Joe Biden’s disasters than there is now

Wish I could agree, but it seems full consensus that DeSantis is tanking.  I just don't see anyone being able get enough traction now to to it.    Trump had to fire up his Stone/Pecker Slime machine 6 months earlier than even he probably expected, thus the poll plunge for RDS.   
As far as Trump, his shining new Trump cities that would cost 10's of Trillions to the taxpayers, and the fact he has stealthly now been crowned the King of POTUS debt  sealed the deal that this SOB was more FDR than Reagan.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 03:48:15 pm »
 ////00000////

This is not 2016 again ... unless Hillary Clinton decides to save the Dems by selecting herself as the Dem Presidential nominee.

Hilldog would have won 2016 if she only visted those podunk, hick, simpleton, ignorant, racist, homophobic, xenophobic deplorables in Upper Midwest and Rust Belt states.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 04:11:49 pm »
It seems pretty early to write off any of the challengers.  Trump's brain is not getting any younger.  He is going to suffer one meltdown after another, and one or more investigations may progress to indictment (albeit possibly after he gains the nomination, which would be just fantastic).  DeSantis is still in wait-and-see mode, as I suspect many of them are.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 06:39:49 pm »
It seems pretty early to write off any of the challengers.  Trump's brain is not getting any younger.  He is going to suffer one meltdown after another, and one or more investigations may progress to indictment (albeit possibly after he gains the nomination, which would be just fantastic).  DeSantis is still in wait-and-see mode, as I suspect many of them are.

There is no question that Donald Trump is currently benefiting from Alvin Bragg’s screwup. But that will pass.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:41:06 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 08:51:15 pm »
There's plenty of just cause for resenting the DOJ, DOD, CDC, and a host of other agencies which conspired to make his tenure more difficult, and even the courts that I am 99% sure allowed it to be unfairly terminated.

But if he wants to win, he has to get back to a more positive message, about rebuilding America, about reversing the damage hat has been done through COVID and beyond, and about stopping the Green New Deal we are having foisted upon us all. Get back to staying out of wars, rebuilding our economy and energy security, and putting America First.

Negativity only motivates so many people for so long and then they burn out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 08:55:30 pm »
Quote from: Smokin Joe link=topic=494973 :yowsa:.msg2802709#msg2802709 date=1679950275
There's plenty of just cause for resenting the DOJ, DOD, CDC, and a host of other agencies which conspired to make his tenure more difficult, and even the courts that I am 99% sure allowed it to be unfairly terminated.

But if he wants to win, he has to get back to a more positive message, about rebuilding America, about reversing the damage hat has been done through COVID and beyond, and about stopping the Green New Deal we are having foisted upon us all. Get back to staying out of wars, rebuilding our economy and energy security, and putting America First.

Negativity only motivates so many people for so long and then they burn out.

True that.