Author Topic: Biden nominee to lead FAA withdraws amid GOP opposition  (Read 210 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden nominee to lead FAA withdraws amid GOP opposition
« on: March 27, 2023, 01:34:52 pm »
Biden nominee to lead FAA withdraws amid GOP opposition
Ivana Saric

Denver International Airport CEO Phil Washington, President Biden's nominee to lead the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), has withdrawn his nomination amid Republican opposition.

Driving the news: Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg called Washington an "excellent nominee" and condemned the "undeserved" partisan attacks against him in a tweet confirming the news Saturday night.

"I respect his decision to withdraw and am grateful for his service," Buttigieg added.

State of play: Last week a scheduled Senate Commerce, Science & Transportation Committee confirmation vote was scuttled after after Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (I-Ariz.) raised last-minute questions about the nominee, Axios' Hans Nichols writes.

Republicans have repeatedly called Washington "unqualified,'' claiming he lacks specific aviation experience.
    Reuters first reported the news that Washington had withdrawn his nomination.

The big picture: The FAA has been without a permanent leader since March 2022.

more
https://www.axios.com/2023/03/26/biden-nominee-faa-withdraw
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Biden nominee to lead FAA withdraws amid GOP opposition
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 02:24:36 pm »
Based on his testimony, I think I'd resign as Airport CEO too.  I'd be too embarrassed to return to the office, now that his level of expertise has been outted.

This man needs to confine his airflight decisons to planes made of paper.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 02:25:44 pm »
This guys only aviation experience was supervising the Chic-fl-a concourse leases at the Denver airport.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 03:33:34 pm »
 ////00000////

Why bother to nominate anyone for anything?  Just hire someone, put the word "interim" in their job title, and be done with it.  Problem solved.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright