Author Topic: Jamaicans among Caribbean nationals apprehended in US immigration sweep  (Read 226 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Jamaicans among Caribbean nationals apprehended in US immigration sweep

Published:Sunday | March 26, 2023 | 9:56 AM

PHILADELPHIA (CMC):

The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) agency says officers from its Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Philadelphia apprehended several Caribbean nationals among 21 noncitizens identified as having been convicted of felony rape, sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, unlawful possession or use of a firearm, drug distribution or trafficking, or driving under the influence.

On Friday, ICE said the nationals were released from incarceration on parole or placed on probation into communities under supervision during a nationwide enforcement effort between March 4 and March 13.

“Working behind the scenes and out of the spotlight, ERO officers continually work to identify and arrest noncitizens who violate American laws,” said ERO Philadelphia Field Office Director Cammilla Wamsley. “Congratulations to all of the officers who took part in this operation, and thank you for your vigilance, dedication and hard work.”

ICE said those arrested include a 28-year-old citizen of Haiti residing in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, who was convicted in April 2022 of misdemeanour indecent assault on a person less than 16 years of age.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20230326/jamaicans-among-caribbean-nationals-apprehended-us-immigration-sweep
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson