Author Topic: THAT WAS QUICK: DeSantis Donors Reportedly Recommending DeSantis Sit This One Out  (Read 7611 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Alex is right, DeSantis IS weak .....but in this case it's because he followed the instructions of his Bush league handlers.......

Alex Bruesewitz
@alexbruesewitz

Ron DeSantis said he would get open carry passed. He failed. Republicans have complete power in Tallahassee and DeSantis couldn’t get it done. You think this guy could get something done in Washington DC or negotiating with Xi? Not a chance. He’s weak as hell!

2:09 PM · Mar 27, 2023

Online roamer_1

Here's his record

He sure ain't shy with the veto pen...  888high58888

Offline ScottinVA

Alex is right, DeSantis IS weak .....but in this case it's because he followed the instructions of his Bush league handlers.......

Alex Bruesewitz
@alexbruesewitz

Ron DeSantis said he would get open carry passed. He failed. Republicans have complete power in Tallahassee and DeSantis couldn’t get it done. You think this guy could get something done in Washington DC or negotiating with Xi? Not a chance. He’s weak as hell!

2:09 PM · Mar 27, 2023

Read that assessment by the NRA… DeSantis is at A+.

As for passage of open carry, you’re actually blaming DeSantis because some in the legislature went wobbly?  Are you similarly going to blame Trump for failure to complete the border wall because Congress wouldn’t move on it?  C’mon… try harder.

Enough dodging on my original challenge.  Let’s hear that explanation re Trump’s backing of a ban on AR-15s…. Or are you meekly surrendering that argument?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 02:44:00 am by ScottinVA »

Offline LMAO

He sure ain't shy with the veto pen...  888high58888

Nope

And it would be nice to see that VETO pen more often in the future. Mainly out of necessity
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Read that assessment by the NRA… DeSantis is at A+.

I don't need to read an assessment when I can watch what he does.  He has not used his super majority in the statehouse to advance gun rights or their protection.

Online roamer_1

Nope

And it would be nice to see that VETO pen more often in the future. Mainly out of necessity

That's right! He fights!  happy77

Offline ScottinVA

I don't need to read an assessment when I can watch what he does.  He has not used his super majority in the statehouse to advance gun rights or their protection.

So, DeSantis is to blame for the votes of others?  You have absolutely no clue how weak your argument is.  Also… I accept your unconditional surrender on Trump’s position on AR-15s.  Your dodging said it all.

Good night.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

HOW is noting reported facts "beneath" anyone?

@sneakypete

Because of the nasty insinuation that you're making.  You had male roommates, right? In fact, a barracks full of handsome, virle fellow soldiers?  Did you guys grease each other up each evening and have a good time?  Or do you think it would be disgusting and beneath a decent person to make that insinuation?

Cruz is not a hugely wealthy guy, and his family stays in Texas. He needs to have a place to live in DC when he's not at home, so what else is he supposed to do?  Would it be better if he, a married father of two, shared an apartment with a female?  Or if he had a solo apartment, he could be more subject to allegations of using it for trysts with other women. Having a male roommate is the safest and most moral course of action when he is living in DC.  Not to mention saving him half the cost, which is money that his family could use.

I like and respect you, which is why I thought this insinuation was beneath you.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 01:22:59 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@sneakypete

Because of the nasty insinuation that you're making.  You had male roommates, right? In fact, a barracks full of handsome, virle fellow soldiers?  Did you guys grease each other up each evening and have a good time?  Or do you think it would be disgusting and beneath a decent person to make that insinuation?

Cruz is not a hugely wealthy guy, and his family stays in Texas. He needs to have a place to live in DC when he's not at home, so what else is he supposed to do?  Would it be better if he, a married father of two, shared an apartment with a female?  Or if he had a solo apartment, he could be more subject to allegations of using it for trysts with other women. Having a male roommate is the safest and most moral course of action when he is living in DC.  Not to mention saving him half the cost, which is money that his family could use.

I like him respect you, which is why I thought this insinuation was beneath you.

Well replied.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Doesn't sound to me like DeSantis' backers are backing down one bit....

Pro-DeSantis super PAC hires another former Trump aide

A super PAC aligned with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) is adding another former Trump campaign aide to its ranks.

Matt Wolking, who served as deputy communications director for Trump’s last presidential bid, announced on Monday that he would join the super PAC Never Back Down as its strategic communications director.

Wolking headed up former President Trump’s rapid response operation in 2020 before serving as communications director for Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s (R) successful campaign in 2021. He most recently worked at the GOP consulting firm Axiom Strategies as vice president of communications.

Jeff Roe, the founder and CEO of Axiom Strategies, recently joined Never Back Down as an adviser.

In a pair of tweets on Monday, Wolking said that, while former President Trump was the right person for the job eight years ago, Republicans now need “a disciplined leader who wins instead of loses, never backs down, fights smart, and puts the mission before himself.”

“On each count, Governor Ron DeSantis is the strongest choice,” Wolking tweeted, adding in a second post: “Governor DeSantis is bold, effective, and knows how to finish the job, so with him as president we will finally be able to win so much that we’ll be tired of all the winning.”

“I’m proud to support him and join @NvrBackDown24 as strategic communications director.”

Wolking is the latest former Trump aide to get on board with the effort to recruit DeSantis into the 2024 presidential race. Last week, Erin Perrine, who served as director of press communications for Trump’s 2020 campaign, joined the super PAC as communications director.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3920478-pro-desantis-super-pac-hires-another-former-trump-aide/

Those positions generally are contracted for a minimum period of time.  Doesn't make sense to be doing this if backers truly are urging him not to run.

Offline art.prout

Those positions generally are contracted for a minimum period of time.  Doesn't make sense to be doing this if backers truly are urging him not to run.

I have no idea if the big dollar donors of RDS (which are roughly 90% of all of his donations) are still backing him or not (since almost every article out there is pure propaganda from one 'side' or another), but these moves mean absolutely nothing as these people are whores for the most part, they will go wherever the best (or only in most cases!) paycheck is being offered.

??? When you have proof to substantiate your assumptions and accusations, please post. 

Here's a friendly suggestion to make things easier for you @libertybele ------  keep up or control your knee jerks.

Sweet Jesus, by your own logic you should severely dislike and mistrust the KING of lies and mud slinging....Trump!

How about you tell us where I'm wrong about DeSantis?

Wow, impressive.  The guy's last stint at full time employment ended in 2020.  Quite a coup for the DeSantis Pac.

So, pro-Trumpers… while you rail on about imaginary RINO Congressional votes by DeSantis, perhaps you’re willing to step up and defend Trump’s desire to ban AR-15s:

The repetitive sight of dead school children has caused every rational human adult to question this.  It's an intuitive desire to keep kids alive.

Judge Trump by the action he did not take.

Offline LMAO

That's right! He fights!  happy77

But we have to keep in mind that he has a solid GOP statehouse in Fla. to make his job easier

I look mostly at his Congressional record and he’s far superior on the spending issue than Trump. Would that philosophy follow him should he become POTUS? I don’t know. But not only is Trump’s record on spending horrific, but he’s promising even more
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

But we have to keep in mind that he has a solid GOP statehouse in Fla. to make his job easier

That's the point. Even with both houses, presumably favorable to them, and them to him... his veto pen is getting hot.  :laugh:

I look mostly at his Congressional record and he’s far superior on the spending issue than Trump. Would that philosophy follow him should he become POTUS? I don’t know. But not only is Trump’s record on spending horrific, but he’s promising even more

I have a DeSantis framework identified, but I won't deep dive into anyone until the field is arrayed and ready to go. Way too early to care right now.

But I know of DeSantis from Congress forward, and that along with a cursory glance satisfies me that I would back him to the 9s if he runs.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

But we have to keep in mind that he has a solid GOP statehouse in Fla. to make his job easier.

Although it is worth noting that the Florida legislature has become progressively more Republican the longer he has been in office.  That suggests to me that the job he is doing in Florida has inspired more people to vote Republican.

Online libertybele

Here's a friendly suggestion to make things easier for you @libertybele ------  keep up or control your knee jerks.

Here's a friendly suggestion for you @Right_in_Virginia    -- Do a little research before you post talking points.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

@LMAO  Yes a GOP majority has made his job easier, however in listening to talk radio, those supposed Republicans don't all equate to conservatives.  There are some that lean left which has become a headache.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This thread is a hot mess with personal insults...I am not going through a repeat of 2016 at TBR.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Here's a friendly suggestion for you @Right_in_Virginia    -- Do a little research before you post talking points.

I post links and video support @libertybele   Keep up!

Online libertybele

I post links and video support @libertybele   Keep up!

I'm talking about you spewing inaccurate information....Trumpism gets the best of you at times.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Although it is worth noting that the Florida legislature has become progressively more Republican the longer he has been in office.  That suggests to me that the job he is doing in Florida has inspired more people to vote Republican.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I could be wrong,but I suspect that Republicans moving to  Fla from the frozen north may have something to do with that,too.

IMNSHO,ONLY Republicans should be able to move to the south.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

I'm talking about you spewing inaccurate information....Trumpism gets the best of you at times.

I don't spew, period.  And I (knowingly) don't post inaccurate information.  Hate has taken ownership of you @libertybele   I'll ask that you be added back to the prayer chain for your guidance and spiritual protection