Author Topic: THAT WAS QUICK: DeSantis Donors Reportedly Recommending DeSantis Sit This One Out  (Read 7404 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
THAT WAS QUICK: DeSantis Donors Reportedly Recommending DeSantis Sit This One Out
by Joe Hoft Mar. 26, 2023 8:15 am

The donors behind Ron DeSantis for President in 2024 are now asking him to sit this one out, according to recent reports.

(We heard this rumor last week that the big money behind DeSantis for 2024 were abandoning ship.)

According to CF:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s donors and supporters are beginning to question if the potential 2024 Republican presidential candidate should run in the next election cycle — a bid that would put him against former President Donald Trump — or wait until 2028, according to reports.

According to a report from NBC News, donors and supporters of DeSantis are having second thoughts on the prospect of the governor’s potential presidential bid. Per the report, one main issue seems to be the governor’s ability to take Trump — who has been criticizing the governor for months — head on.

NBC reports:

Ron DeSantis may be missing his moment.

A number of the Florida governor’s donors and allies are worried his recent stumbles suggest he may not be ready for a brutal fight against Donald Trump. Some feel DeSantis needs to accelerate his timeline to run for the GOP presidential nomination and begin directly confronting Trump if he’s to have any chance of thwarting the former president’s momentum. Others believe DeSantis should sidestep Trump altogether and wait until 2028 to run.

At a Sunday luncheon following the annual Red Cross ball in Palm Beach, Florida, a group of 16 prominent Republicans, described by one attendee as a mix of DeSantis backers and Trump “skeptics,” discussed misgivings about the governor’s standing for the future if he tussles with the former president.

“They liked him — many of them might even support him,” the person who was at the event said of DeSantis. “But they thought on balance that his long-term future was better without him trying to take Trump head on.”

“He will get scarred up” by Trump, the person added.

Then there’s conservative billionaire shipping goods magnate Richard Uihlein and his wife, Elizabeth, whose $500,000 in combined contributions ranked them among the most generous donors to DeSantis’ 2022 re-election campaign.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/03/that-was-quick-desantis-donors-reportedly-recommending-desantis-sit-this-one-out/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

I agree with this

Might as well let Trump have the nomination, and then he’ll go on to lose the general

Then we’ll have to pick up the pieces in 2028. Either after Biden’s last term in office or president Newsom’s second term

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Personally, I would prefer that he sit out 2024 so that Trump can flame out on his ownsome lonesome without taking down a potentially strong candidate like DeSantis, which is what will almost certainly happen if DeSantis runs in 2024.  Trump seems perfectly happy to take the entire GOP down with him if he can't have the nomination.

Don't get sucked into the Orange Shitshow.

Instead, those of us who care about the future of this country should be focusing on the House, the Senate, and state races, including most particularly races for Secretary of State - the office that typically controls the count in elections.

DeSantis, will only become more electable - or prove himself not up to the challenge - by honing his skills and his political capital in the Florida governorship.  He will get seriously damaged if he gets too close to the Trump flameout.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 07:55:47 pm by Kamaji »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The despicable Stone-Pecker slime machine is already working in over drive.

They have no problem lying and splatting lies and innuendo at not only DeSantis, but probably anyone who dares support him.

Wish Roger Stone would catch a communicable disease from one of F*ggy friends.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I agree with this

Might as well let Trump have the nomination, and then he’ll go on to lose the general

Then we’ll have to pick up the pieces in 2028. Either after Biden’s last term in office or president Newsom’s second term

DeSantis has tanked in the polls for reasons I have just covered. Not sure I want to give up just yet.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Ok, well, DeSantis will remain our governor that's a plus.  But we'll have to suffer the consequences of another 4 years with Brandon or whomever the left inserts in the oval office. That scares the heck out of me.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Personally, I would prefer that he sit out 2024 so that Trump can flame out on his ownsome lonesome without taking down a potentially strong candidate like DeSantis, which is what will almost certainly happen if DeSantis runs in 2024.  Trump seems perfectly happy to take the entire GOP down with him if he can't have the nomination.

Don't get sucked into the Orange Shitshow.

Instead, those of us who care about the future of this country should be focusing on the House, the Senate, and state races, including most particularly races for Secretary of State - the office that typically controls the count in elections.

DeSantis, will only become more electable - or prove himself not up to the challenge - by honing his skills and his political capital in the Florida governorship.  He will get seriously damaged if he gets too close to the Trump flameout.

2024 could be like 2020 where, even though Trump lost the presidential election, Republicans did make gains that prevented 2020 from being a total blue wave

That’s why, even though we may not get the White House in 2024, I don’t see why we can’t win the Senate and even make gains in the House

No more Trump endorsed candidates, though
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

2024 could be like 2020 where, even though Trump lost the presidential election, Republicans did make gains that prevented 2020 from being a total blue wave

That’s why, even though we may not get the White House in 2024, I don’t see why we can’t win the Senate and even make gains in the House

No more Trump endorsed candidates, though

:thumbsup:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If true it could be a problem. No money, no campaign. But, DeSantis really has until the end of July IMO to announce for Prez. Till then he can engage Trump and snipe at the crap show to see if he gains traction as Trump fouls his nest.

I don't see Trump being able to win a general election. Four more years of Sniffy could do us in. We may need DeSantis to run to at least have a chance of stopping that.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
If true it could be a problem. No money, no campaign. But, DeSantis really has until the end of July IMO to announce for Prez. Till then he can engage Trump and snipe at the crap show to see if he gains traction as Trump fouls his nest.

I don't see Trump being able to win a general election. Four more years of Sniffy could do us in. We may need DeSantis to run to at least have a chance of stopping that.

Good points, and I hope DeSantis and other good conservatives don't go within a 100 miles of the convention next year. Or at worst sit on their hands.   '28 strategy  needs to be focused on distancing  from this disaster.

Online libertybele

DeSantis' donors have spoken.  He would be foolish to continue on.  A conservative is knocked out even before he announces, yet Trump is surrounding himself with RINO's.  Perhaps the left wanted DeSantis gone and made a 'deal' with the unhinged orange one.

Trump IMO is finished.  I can't and won't vote for him; not in the primary not in the general.  I'll be voting down ballot.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online andy58-in-nh

The Trumpway Pundit is heard from.

Unverifiable NBC propaganda repeated by a Trump Cult organ is not news.

The Democrats, who are crazy but not stupid, fear DeSantis because he actually has a chance to win the four key states that Donald Trump has no chance at all of winning.

Largely because of California, the Electoral College is stacked heavily against any Republican.

Without electoral college victories in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona and Wisconsin - all of them - no Republican can win, absent wins in Nevada and New Hampshire or else, Michigan, and good luck with that. Trump has no realistic chance in any of these states because too many of their likely voters will never vote for him, no matter how many of his acolytes adore him.   

Current political reality is ugly for traditional, conservative Americans right now. It will take a new and fresh face to have any chance, at all.

If Trump wins the nomination, I will vote for him. But he won't win the general election, because I am in the minority, and I refuse to kid myself any longer about that.   

And if Biden wins, America as we knew and loved her is over. No joke.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online libertybele

The Trumpway Pundit is heard from.

Unverifiable NBC propaganda repeated by a Trump Cult organ is not news.

The Democrats, who are crazy but not stupid, fear DeSantis because he actually has a chance to win the four key states that Donald Trump has no chance at all of winning.

Largely because of California, the Electoral College is stacked heavily against any Republican.

Without electoral college victories in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona and Wisconsin - all of them - no Republican can win, absent wins in Nevada and New Hampshire or else, Michigan, and good luck with that. Trump has no realistic chance in any of these states because too many of their likely voters will never vote for him, no matter how many of his acolytes adore him.   

Current political reality is ugly for traditional, conservative Americans right now. It will take a new and fresh face to have any chance, at all.

If Trump wins the nomination, I will vote for him. But he won't win the general election, because I am in the minority, and I refuse to kid myself any longer about that.   

And if Biden wins, America as we knew and loved her is over. No joke.

IMO Trump made a deal with the left to take DeSantis out -- just like Cruz. 

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
DeSantis' donors have spoken.  He would be foolish to continue on.  A conservative is knocked out even before he announces, yet Trump is surrounding himself with RINO's.  Perhaps the left wanted DeSantis gone and made a 'deal' with the unhinged orange one.

Trump IMO is finished.  I can't and won't vote for him; not in the primary not in the general.  I'll be voting down ballot.

What made Trump successfull in '16 , was he was able to pull this garbage off gradually....  One opponent at a time. 

He doubled down way too early this time, and will pay the price.   

Votng?  Same here.  I just can't see myself in good conscious voting for someone who  is a spend happy modern day FDR.  He calls other RINOS.   What irony....   he's he ultimate one.

Offline LMAO

What made Trump successfull in '16 , was he was able to pull this garbage off gradually....  One opponent at a time. 

He doubled down way too early this time, and will pay the price.   

Votng?  Same here.  I just can't see myself in good conscious voting for someone who  is a spend happy modern day FDR.  He calls other RINOS.   What irony....   he's he ultimate one.

Another thing that worked to Donald Trump’s favor in 2016 was it was an open seat versus running against an incumbent. Plus, he ran against Hillary Clinton, probably the most disliked person and politics. He and Hillary Clinton both were viewed very negatively by the electorate at large

The one thing that Donald Trump did have over Hillary Clinton was Hillary Clinton had a lifetime of corruption in politics. It would take a reincarnation for Donald Trump to match Hillary Clinton in that department.

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

Well at least the Trump v. DeSantis has come to an end.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I agree with this

The way I look at it, Trump deserves to be opposed with the best we've got.  The thought of him waltzing to the nomination would say something kind of sick about the GOP. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
DeSantis' donors have spoken.  He would be foolish to continue on. 

The Gateway Pundit is a terrible source.   I wouldn't trust them if they told me Christmas is on December 25.

Online libertybele

The way I look at it, Trump deserves to be opposed with the best we've got.  The thought of him waltzing to the nomination would say something kind of sick about the GOP.

IMO the GOP died awhile ago and I have withdrawn from the Republican party.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

'16 primary was case study on a mafia political like hit job.  I got to hand to Trump and his team....  Their expertise in destroying a politcal opponent  is par to none.  My guess is no one including DeSantis wants to go through that.   Cruz is a good example.  After '16 he'll never be a credible POTUS candidate.  Even here in Texas, you'd be surprised how many MAGA(t)s still call Cruz Lyin' Ted.    You see the same at TOS, even 7 years later.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 08:37:31 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline LMAO

Assuming the story is true, and Trump does end up being the nominee, we would lose the advantage on the one big issue facing this country, and that’s inflation

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

Assuming the story is true, and Trump does end up being the nominee, we would lose the advantage on the one big issue facing this country, and that’s inflation

Trump will likely be the nominee, but the won't win the general.

We're losing this Republic quickly and I'm back to the thought that there may not even be an election come '24.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Just wonder if this is a planted Stone-Pecker Hit Piece.  The article does not cite even one single name, and blares generalites.

Which is pretty much the innuendo tactics of the S-P Slime machine.  Trump's henchmen in action.

Online roamer_1

No... No one cared when he was warping on Jeb! and the RINOs. It was when the Conservatives started getting knocked off that the comfort level  started going down...

Rubio was probably the tipping point... as some find him to have *some* conservative creds.

A whole lot of folks split the sheets when he did it to Cruz... Who is most decidedly on the hard right... Or was, at least.

That's eating your own.

Personally, I don't like any of it. If you can win on substance there is no reason to resort to talking smack... which is the only thing he knows how to do (talk smack, I mean).

It's a weird thing to me, because Northeast folks get an almost masturbatory pleasure out of that.

'He Fights', right?

But it's all hat and no cattle out here.

I think Cruz would have won the thing if he'd have walked up and dotted his eye after what Tumpy said about his dad and his woman. He'd have got sh*t stomped for that around here.

But that's on Cruz.

Online roamer_1

It's bullcrap.
We're a YEAR away from the starting line.
I am just gonna have to turn the damn thing off if this keeps up.