Author Topic: How Climate Change Panic Started  (Read 483 times)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
How Climate Change Panic Started
« on: March 26, 2023, 06:45:35 pm »
 Effects of global temperature increases have been dramatically overstated.  Why?  For money.

There's money on the table if you can prove that CO2 increases the temperature, said British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher.  The Royal Society then formed the International Panel for Climate Control (IPCC).  Thus began the distortion of science for billions of research dollars, which emphasized drama, not science.

www.telegraph.co.uk

"Certainly, Mrs. Thatcher was the first world leader to voice alarm over global warming, back in 1988, With her scientific background, she had fallen under the spell of Sir Crispin Tickell, then our man at the UN. In the 1970s, he had written a book warning that the world was cooling, but he had since become an ardent convert to the belief that it was warming, Under his influence, as she recorded in her memoirs, she made a series of speeches, in Britain and to world bodies, calling for urgent international action, and citing evidence given to the US Senate by the arch-alarmist Jim Hansen, head of Nasa's Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
She found equally persuasive the views of a third prominent convert to the cause, Dr. John Houghton, then head of the UK Met Office. She backed him in the setting up of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in 1988, and promised the Met Office lavish funding for its Hadley Centre, which she opened in 1990, as a world authority on "human-induced climate change".

In 2003, towards the end of her last book, Statecraft, in a passage headed "Hot Air and Global Warming", she issued what amounts to an almost complete recantation of her earlier views.

From my massive website, twelve years in accumulation:

http://TheGlobalWarmingFraud.wordpress.com

The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: How Climate Change Panic Started
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 07:33:57 pm »
I will go as far as saying the CO2 'greenhouse gas'/atmospheric warming theory of theirs is total bunk. Being carbon is in nearly everything, and everything else is made and transported by energy derived from it, all it was ever about was a tool for decarbonizing the planet. With people being the main target of that, so that the elite globalists can thieve everything once we are all gone.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 07:42:36 pm »
What people seemingly don't  know, or can't  understand, is that we are in an Interglacial Period. Enjoy the warmth while it lasts.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 07:49:10 pm »
My involvement in the enviromental profession goes back to the mid 1970's.

Back then there was debate on whether we were entering an ice age.  Ridiculous to think man has that level of control over mother nature then, as now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 07:51:40 pm »
What people seemingly don't  know, or can't  understand, is that we are in an Interglacial Period. Enjoy the warmth while it lasts.

Actually, I believe that on a geologic time scale, the Earth's global mean temperature is still below the mean.  Which means that the Earth should be warming, through simple regression to the mean.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2023, 02:52:26 pm »
Fossil Fuel is an Oxymoron

fos·sil
[ˈfäs(ə)l]
NOUN
1.   the remains or impression of a prehistoric organism preserved in petrified form or as a mold or cast in rock:
"sites rich in fossils" · "a fossil fish"

Neither crude oil nor natural gas is “in petrified form.”  One is a liquid and one is a gas.

The theory of trees, plants and animals dying eons ago and being compressed into crude oil and natural gas, which are all then being covered by miles of strata and/or water is pseudoscience.  Ubiquitous bacteria and fungi were some of the first organisms on earth, and consume dead plant and animal matter beginning immediately after they die, on land and underwater.  Nowhere on earth is there now the slightest hint of large masses of plant or animal matter being compressed into “fossil fuel.”
How then did crude oil, natural gas, and coal get here and in such amazing abundance?  I submit that we do not know any naturalistic process.  The only thing that makes sense is that Nature’s God, the Brilliant Creator, put all of these things here for us.  If there is no plausible “scientific explanation,” don’t fabricate one.  That’s not science, it’s desperation.

https://www.space.com/4968-titan-oil-earth.html
Titan Has More Oil Than Earth
By Space.com Staff
 published February 13, 2008

An artist's imagination of hydrocarbon pools, icy and rocky terrain on the surface of Saturn's largest moon Titan. (Image credit: Steven Hobbs (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia))
Saturn's smoggy moon Titan has hundreds of times more natural gas and other liquid hydrocarbons than all the known oil and natural gas reserves on Earth, scientists said today.
The hydrocarbons rain from the sky on the miserable moon, collecting in vast deposits that form lakes and dunes. This much was known. But now the stuff has been quantified using observations from NASA's Cassini spacecraft.
"Titanis just covered in carbon-bearing material — it's a giant factory of organic chemicals," said Ralph Lorenz, a Cassini radar team member from the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory. "This vast carbon inventory is an important window into the geology and climate history of Titan."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 10:54:28 pm by ChemEngrMBA »
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist