Author Topic: Read the crowd, Don: Trump Waco rally crowd goes QUIET as he mocks Ron DeSantis  (Read 798 times)

Offline Kamaji

Read the crowd, Don: Trump Waco rally crowd goes QUIET as he mocks Ron DeSantis for tearfully begging for his endorsement - before ex-president hurriedly changes the subject

By MELISSA KOENIG FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
26 March 2023

Donald Trump's energetic, jeering crowd of fans were notably silent when the former president made fun of Florida governor Ron DeSantis at a rally on Saturday.

Speaking to a crowd of MAGA supporters in Waco, Texas, Trump recounted how DeSantis once asked him for an endorsement so that he could win the Florida governorship.

The former president even mocked DeSantis for making the request, imitating him in a pleading, crying voice.

But unlike Trump's attacks on his other political rivals, like Hillary Clinton or Ted Cruz, the crowd did not seem to laugh or cheer at his remarks - and instead were eerily quiet during the tirade.

They did, however, applaud just moments later when Trump hurriedly changed the subject and noted that he is ahead of other Republicans in polls for the 2024 presidential election.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11904215/Trump-rally-crowd-goes-QUIET-mocks-Ron-DeSantis-CRYING-BEGGING-help.html

Offline libertybele

Interesting.  The rude orange bully needs to stop attacking conservatives! Otherwise, he is going to lose and lose BIGLY!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I wonder how many in the crowd know who DeSantis is?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

Probably quite a few, but if most of them do not, that just makes the reaction even worse for Trump.

Offline libertybele

Hurricane Ian was a tragedy, but all eyes were on FL and his swift and competent response I'm sure drew some attention.  He also has name recognition because he bucked the system when he decided to open FL back up.  Hundreds of thousands have flocked to our State -- many know who he is.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Hurricane Ian was a tragedy, but all eyes were on FL and his swift and competent response I'm sure drew some attention.  He also has name recognition because he bucked the system when he decided to open FL back up.  Hundreds of thousands have flocked to our State -- many know who he is.

In addition to his going after Disney for its woke nonsense.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Thin skinned Mafia Don needs to get off the loyalty schtick. He is not entitled to a second term.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I watched a good bit of this farce because my spouse supports trumpy a lot more than I do.

He spent more dissing DeSantis than Biden.  That had to be cringingly evident yesterday.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Especially when he uses his utterly stupid insult names.

Well, I did like when he called Stormy Daniels....  horse face.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

I watched a good bit of this farce because my spouse supports trumpy a lot more than I do.

He spent more dissing DeSantis than Biden.  That had to be cringingly evident yesterday.

No different then what he did in '16 -- he disgracefully bullied all of his GOP opponents, yet was soft on his friend Hillary.

Offline berdie

No different then what he did in '16 -- he disgracefully bullied all of his GOP opponents, yet was soft on his friend Hillary.

True. I don't think it's necessary...or wise.

In addition to the reasons  for DeSantis recognition posted upthread...Trump himself has shined a spot light on RDS. If people didn't know who he is  (which I doubt) they sure have looked him up after the unnecessary tirades. Most are probably left scratching their heads.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

True. I don't think it's necessary...or wise.

In addition to the reasons  for DeSantis recognition posted upthread...Trump himself has shined a spot light on RDS. If people didn't know who he is  (which I doubt) they sure have looked him up after the unnecessary tirades. Most are probably left scratching their heads.

And we aren't taking it this time.

Offline libertybele

Trump rally goes silent after he attempts to mock DeSantis

Former President Donald Trump took aim at potential Republican primary foe Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis during a recent campaign event, with much of the criticism garnering little enthusiasm from those in attendance.

During his Saturday campaign event in Waco, Texas, on Saturday, Trump argued that DeSantis had little chance of becoming Florida's governor without the former president's endorsement, with Trump breaking into an impersonation of DeSantis allegedly begging him for his support in the state's 2018 Republican primary.

"So, he came, and he really wanted [my endorsement]. I said, ‘You can’t win, can you? How do you – can [you] win?'" Trump said, recalling the alleged conversation with DeSantis. "‘Sir, if you endorse me, I’ll win. Please, please, sir, endorse me,'" Trump continued as he acted out a crying, begging voice................the reaction of the crowd was much more silent than when Trump went after other targets, such as the mainstream media................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-rally-goes-silent-after-he-attempts-mock-desantis

Offline libertybele

Offline LadyLiberty

Anybody that doesn't know who he is at this point, they are really out of touch.

Anecdotally, I was in the Montego Bay airport in Jamaica in November 2021, leaving to come home. A couple of guys started talking to my husband and I, and said they were from Ottawa. When they found out we were from TX, they got all excited asking how life was because we weren't all locked down like Canada. I mentioned that FL was life as usual also, and they immediately said how much they loved DeSantis, he should be our next President, and they would move to FL in a heartbeat if they could.

If someone from another country knew who he was in 2021, he is not obscure.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@LadyLiberty

Count me in as being out of touch. DeSantis, to me, is merely another governor. Were he to announce his candidacy and present a platform then it would be worth taking a closer look. But until then it is blah, blah, blah.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Anybody that doesn't know who he is at this point, they are really out of touch.

Anecdotally, I was in the Montego Bay airport in Jamaica in November 2021, leaving to come home. A couple of guys started talking to my husband and I, and said they were from Ottawa. When they found out we were from TX, they got all excited asking how life was because we weren't all locked down like Canada. I mentioned that FL was life as usual also, and they immediately said how much they loved DeSantis, he should be our next President, and they would move to FL in a heartbeat if they could.

If someone from another country knew who he was in 2021, he is not obscure.

DeSantis' popularity, conservatism and competency is exactly why he is a threat not only to Trump but to the left.

IMO IF DeSantis waits until '28 as supposedly his donors have requested, it will be much, much too late! Our Republic will no longer be intact.  Trump won't win the General.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

For the benefit of folks who are unfamiliar with the flow of a Trump rally, there are often moments of silence during them.  It's when the crowd is listening intently to what he's saying, positively immersed in his words. --- We see this with his rendition of "The Snake", stories from his interactions with enlisted men and women and the inner workings of financial negotiations.  Besides, Trump is a master at reading a crowd.  If he thought he was losing them, he would have shortened the DeSantis retell.  He wasn't and he didn't.

When he finished, there wasn't applause,  There was laughter and head shaking as more of the DeSantis mask was removed. 

To RDS supporters: Pay equal attention to the crowd's reaction to Floridian Matt Gaetz's speech.  He reminded the crowd that "if not for Donald Trump, we would have had Gov. Gillum".  He then called on DeSantis to stand down and endorse Donald Trump.  The crowd jumped up, cheered and let loose a sustained chant of  "Trump, Trump, Trump!"

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Attacks on opponents are a given, but this is just a big nothing burger because it is all Trump has (and he knows it)... Trump is scared if you ask me.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

Attacks on opponents are a given, but this is just a big nothing burger because it is all Trump has (and he knows it)... Trump is scared if you ask me.

Indeed he is scared otherwise he wouldn't be lashing out and acting like a complete buffoon.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hopefully, he reacts well to the reaction and backs off something that won't win hearts and minds and accolades.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Indeed he is scared otherwise he wouldn't be lashing out and acting like a complete buffoon.

:thumbsup:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Did anyone hear Trump's silly assertion he didn't do the "bat thing" with the D.A pic on Truth Social with Hannity?.....

How f'n removed from reality is this SOB that he won't even take responsibility for his own stupidity on his own social network platform.
Just how often do you lie to us Donny?

Trump....   "That wasn't me".   :silly:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 12:32:13 pm by catfish1957 »