Author Topic: Public Safety No. 1 Concern for Chinese Immigrants of NYC  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Public Safety No. 1 Concern for Chinese Immigrants of NYC
« on: March 27, 2023, 12:05:33 pm »
Public Safety No. 1 Concern for Chinese Immigrants of NYC
FISAYO OKARE
AND APRIL XU
MAR 27, 2023
CHINESE COMMUNITY CORRESPONDENT APRIL XU INVITES PEOPLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DOCUMENTED SURVEY AT A SPRING FAMILY DAY EVENT IN FLUSHING ON MAY 14, 2022.

When Documented’s Chinese Community Correspondent April Xu joined the team last year,  she told me in an interview that there’s a gap between the Chinese community in New York and mainstream society — some misunderstanding, stereotyping or myth between them.

April has lived in New York for almost 10 years, and she has enjoyed telling stories about New York’s Chinese immigrant community because that way mainstream society can get a better understanding of them, she said.

In the past ten months, April conducted in-depth surveys and interviews with 946 participants in New York to identify gaps in media coverage as Documented prepares to launch a Chinese news vertical. The goal was to better understand how to cover the community’s concerns. Below, April shares some behind-the-scenes insights about the report Documented recently published. We spoke about how Documented conducted a Chinese survey in New York with an adequate sample size and more.

https://documentedny.com/2023/03/27/public-safety-no-1-concern-for-chinese-immigrants-of-nyc-more-in-documenteds-research-with-over-900-participants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Public Safety No. 1 Concern for Chinese Immigrants of NYC
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 12:06:21 pm »
Yeah, boy!  Worry about immigrants before America. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson