Author Topic: Electric vehicles are huge money-losers for Ford  (Read 619 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Electric vehicles are huge money-losers for Ford
« on: March 26, 2023, 05:16:21 pm »
March 26, 2023
Electric vehicles are huge money-losers for Ford
By Monica Showalter
We know that electric vehicles, whose manufacture requires rare earth minerals mined by third-world children, aren't clean.

We also know that electric vehicles, which get their electrical charge from coal-fired plants and emit more carbon dioxide than conventional vehicles, aren't green.

We also know that electric vehicles, as recent storms and heat waves have indicated, aren't reliable

Now we learn that even at $70,000 a pop, complete with tax savings and government subsidies, green vehicles aren't profitable, either.

According to Breitbart News:

Ford Motor Company says its electric vehicle (EV) unit, “Ford Model e,” is losing billions of dollars, and should be viewed as a startup company.

Model e has lost $3 billion before taxes over the last two years, and is expected to lose another $3 billion this year as the company invests in the new technology, according to a report by Associated Press.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/03/electric_vehicles_are_huge_moneylosers_for_ford.html
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Electric vehicles are huge money-losers for Ford
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 05:20:19 pm »
Is it in good taste to  use the Goodfellows LMAO meme more than once per day?

What is nice, is us who had the common sense to buy IC trucks now have a commodity that is in shorter supply.
Watch as this EV disaster unfold, our used trucks might become more valuable than what they were worth when they were new.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 05:21:49 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 05:30:29 pm »
Is it in good taste to  use the Goodfellows LMAO meme more than once per day?

What is nice, is us who had the common sense to buy IC trucks now have a commodity that is in shorter supply.
Watch as this EV disaster unfold, our used trucks might become more valuable than what they were worth when they were new.

I see many threads where that meme should be posted with the headline.

With the (sticker shock) prices of the new F-150s, older pickups already are more valuable than they normally would be.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 09:47:21 pm »
"...even at $70,000 a pop, complete with tax savings and government subsidies, green vehicles aren't profitable, either.
Model e has lost $3 billion before taxes over the last two years, and is expected to lose another $3 billion this year as the company invests in the new technology, according to a report by Associated Press."

Not to worry.
They're gonna "make it up in volume"...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 03:27:08 pm »
Brian Sullivan
@SullyCNBC
Ford laying off 'at least' 1,000 salaried and contract workers. It will lose $3 billion making EVs this year.   
Ford is now likely losing more than $30,000 on every electric it sells. 
Last week the federal government (i.e. you) loaned Ford and a South Korean company $9.2 billion to build battery factories in the south, on top of federal tax credits to entice buyers.
The next few years should be interesting for Detroit (and taxpayers)
Let's see if it's ... sustainable.
https://reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/ford-cut-jobs-us-canada-2023-06-27/
6:59 PM · Jun 27, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2023, 08:56:52 pm »
I see many threads where that meme should be posted with the headline.

With the (sticker shock) prices of the new F-150s, older pickups already are more valuable than they normally would be.

@bigheadfred

Paid 18 grand for my 26 GMC 3/4 ton extended cab 4xs pu with  the diesel engine,cummings auto trans,3:73 rears,NO LIFT KIT,and 90 something thousand miles on it. Last year of the diesel engines that don't require additives,and last year of the genuine Cummings auto transmissions.

I could probably sell it tomorrow for almost twice what I paid for it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2023, 08:59:12 pm »
"...even at $70,000 a pop, complete with tax savings and government subsidies, green vehicles aren't profitable, either.
Model e has lost $3 billion before taxes over the last two years, and is expected to lose another $3 billion this year as the company invests in the new technology, according to a report by Associated Press."

Not to worry.
They're gonna "make it up in volume"...

@Fishrrman

What a weird way to spell "gooberment kickbacks".

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2023, 10:23:08 pm »
is there any automotive company that doesn't use their EV sales to meet the Feebs MPG requirments?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2023, 10:28:02 pm »
is there any automotive company that doesn't use their EV sales to meet the Feebs MPG requirments?

@GtHawk

Probably some of the Asian car manufacturers,but I doubt any of the US manufacturers meet them due to so many people buying pu trucks these days. Once the Big Three started making 4 door pu's,they turned into family cars instead of work vehicles,and they have been selling like hot cakes ever since.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2023, 11:31:35 pm »

What does MPG mean? Miles Per Gigawatt?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2023, 12:05:27 am »
What does MPG mean? Miles Per Gigawatt?

@bigheadfred

Fred,IIRC,the MPG is mixed in with the MPG numbers to make it look like electric cars are more economical and practical.

Personally,it pisses me off that the PC politicians pushing this crap use taxpayer dollars to push it by buying electric postal vehicles.

Which means of course that for every electric postal delivery truck bought,a USPS gasoline-powered truck that is almost certainly paid for by use is replaced,and even IF people wake up to the fallacy of electric cars and trucks being more economical than gasoline-powered trucks,the USPS will STILL be driving and servicing these electric trucks because they will be all they will have,and they  will have charging stations at eash PO instead of gasoline tanks.