Author Topic: Trump lawyer says hush money payment 'not even a bad act'  (Read 155 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump lawyer says hush money payment 'not even a bad act'
« on: March 26, 2023, 04:31:17 pm »
Trump lawyer says hush money payment 'not even a bad act'
by Ryan King, Breaking News Reporter
March 26, 2023 11:20 AM

Former President Donald Trump's lawyer Joe Tacopina roundly dismissed potential charges from the Manhattan district attorney's office, saying there was "not even a bad act."

Tacopina also shrugged off criticisms of Trump's rhetoric over his possible indictment and insisted that Trump did not lie when he issued a cryptic warning that he would be arrested Tuesday of last week.

"I swear to you, in my 32 years as both a prosecutor and a defense lawyer, I've never seen an abuse of discretion like this," Tacopina told Meet the Press. "You can't bring a case, cobble two misdemeanors together to try and make a felony and meet the statute limitations when not one misdemeanor exists. There is no crime here. There's not even a bad act."

When pressed about how Trump personally attacked Bragg, Tacopina conceded that one of the posts depicting himself holding a bat next to Bragg's head was "ill-advised" and that Trump quickly took it down. Trump also warned there would be "death and destruction" if he was charged on Truth Social.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice/trump-lawyer-stresses-denies-he-lied
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34