Author Topic: When satire becomes reality: Nearly 100 Babylon Bee joke stories have come true  (Read 129 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DIGITAL ORIGINALS Published March 26, 2023 6:00am EDT
When satire becomes reality: Nearly 100 Babylon Bee joke stories have come true

Nearly 100 Babylon Bee punchlines turned into fulfilled prophecies, CEO Seth Dillon says
Kassy Dillon By Kassy Dillon | Fox News

Nearly 100 Babylon Bee punchlines were fulfilled prophecies
Seth Dillon, the CEO of the satirical right-wing Babylon Bee, told Fox News that nearly 100 of their jokes have turned into real news stories after publication.

JUPITER, Fla. – The Babylon Bee has had nearly 100 joke headlines turn into prophecies after the stories eventually came true, the CEO of America’s largest right-leaning satire website told Fox News.

"The problem isn't that our satire is too close to reality," Seth Dillon told Fox News. "It’s that reality is too close to satire, so our jokes keep coming true."

The Bee maintains a running list of its satirical headlines that became real — or at least partially real — stories after publication. The fulfilled prophecies include a wide range of topics and include jokes about Democrats and Republicans alike.

NEARLY 100 BABYLON BEE PUNCHLINES WERE FULFILLED PROPHECIES
Nearly 100 Babylon Bee punchlines were fulfilled propheciesVideo
WATCH MORE FOX NEWS DIGITAL ORIGINALS HERE

"So we have a spreadsheet of nearly 100 jokes now that we've tracked," he said. "They were fulfilled like prophecies instead of punch lines."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/satire-reality-nearly-100-babylon-bee-joke-stories-come-true
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Saw a recent article on how many South Park episodes have been propthetic too.

My favorite BB moment?  After the left accused Trump of sabotaging  the postal service for voter supression.

OTOH, seems he has a bat in his hand lately for other reasons.   :cool:

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've been saying The Babylon Bee is actually tomorrow's News, today.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: