Author Topic: Ford Aircraft Carrier John F. Kennedy to Deliver a Year Later  (Read 112 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ford Aircraft Carrier John F. Kennedy to Deliver a Year Later
By: Mallory Shelbourne
March 23, 2023 4:22 PM • Updated: March 23, 2023 8:07 PM

In this aerial photograph, the aircraft carrier John F. Kennedy (CVN-79) sits at Pier 3 at Newport News Shipbuilding division. The ship is approximately 76 percent complete and is progressing through final outfitting and testing. Huntington Ingalls Industries photo.

The next Ford-class aircraft carrier will now deliver to the Navy in 2025, one year later than the service’s most recent projection, according to Fiscal Year 2024 budget documents released this week.

The Navy delayed future carrier John F. Kennedy’s (CVN-79) delivery date from June 2024 so the service could alter the ship’s Post Shakedown Availability (PSA) and perform more work during construction, according to the service’s Fiscal Year 2024 budget documents.

“The Navy is implementing a strategy to pull baseline work from the Post Shakedown Availability (PSA) into the construction period in order to provide more capability at ship delivery,” the Navy’s shipbuilding budget books read.

https://news.usni.org/2023/03/23/ford-aircraft-carrier-john-f-kennedy-to-deliver-a-year-late
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Ford Aircraft Carrier John F. Kennedy to Deliver a Year Later
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 02:56:00 pm »
Did they forget the weapons elevators on her, too? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson