Author Topic: Married colonels at Fort Hood fired following criminal investigations  (Read 86 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Married colonels at Fort Hood fired following criminal investigations
By ROSE L. THAYER
STARS AND STRIPES • March 23, 2023

AUSTIN, Texas — Col. Ann Meredith has been fired as commander of the 89th Military Police Brigade at Fort Hood, as she and her husband, also a colonel fired from his command post, faced separate criminal investigations, officials at the Texas base said Thursday.

Meredith has been suspended since Jan. 5, and Lt. Gen. Sean C. Bernabe, commander of III Corps and Fort Hood, decided Tuesday to relieve her command “due to a loss of confidence in her judgment following an investigation,” said Lt. Col. Tania P. Donovan, spokeswoman for III Corps.

Meredith had been on the job since July and Lt. Col. Jeremy Prince is serving as acting brigade commander.

https://www.stripes.com/branches/army/2023-03-23/fort-hood-colonels-fired-investigations-9584677.html

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Didn't Ft. Hood get renamed? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson