Author Topic: Migrant deaths on Texas train mark latest border incident in string of recent tragedies: 'Heartbroke  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

TEXAS Published March 25, 2023 11:53am EDT
Migrant deaths on Texas train mark latest border incident in string of recent tragedies: 'Heartbroken'
Officials said that 15 people were found in the rail car
Adam Shaw By Adam Shaw | Fox News

The deaths of two migrants in a train car in a small Texas town in Uvalde County marks the latest tragedy to hit the southern border amid a historic migrant crisis – a crisis being facilitated by human smugglers, who will often put migrants in deadly situations.

The Uvalde Police Department received a 911 call Friday afternoon saying there were "numerous" migrants "suffocating" in a train car. Border Patrol had been informed and stopped the car two to three miles east of Knippa, Texas. The incident is suspected to be related to human smuggling, sources said.

Officials for Union Pacific Railroad later said that 15 people were found in the rail car, two people died while four were air-lifted to San Antonio, and six were taken to nearby hospitals.

"Union Pacific is deeply saddened by this incident and the tragedies occurring at the border. We take the safety of all individuals seriously and work tirelessly with law enforcement partners to detect illegal items and people riding inside or on our rail cars. This incident is under investigation," it said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/migrant-deaths-texas-train-mark-latest-border-incident-string-recent-tragedies-heartbroken
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson