Author Topic: Germany Rebels Against EU Ban On Petrol Cars  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Germany Rebels Against EU Ban On Petrol Cars
« on: March 26, 2023, 11:04:51 am »
Germany Rebels Against EU Ban On Petrol Cars
MARCH 24, 2023

By Paul Homewood

When green policies see the cold light of day!

BERLIN — Germans want to save the climate. They’re just reluctant to take the potentially painful steps this would require.

A growing backlash over climate-friendly policies is now hitting the German Greens, putting wobbles into the country’s three-party ruling coalition.

Not only has Germany been causing a ruckus at the EU level in recent weeks by mounting a last-minute blockade to a proposed ban on combustion engines, but the country is also facing a domestic political fight over phasing out gas and oil heating systems, as well as pushing forward the coal exit.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/03/24/germany-rebels-against-eu-ban-on-petrol-cars/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Germany Rebels Against EU Ban On Petrol Cars
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 11:05:49 am »
WWHD.  What Would Hitler Do? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson