Author Topic: This is the first city to ban gas-powered taxis in its fleet: ‘Taxis fit for the future’  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This is the first city to ban gas-powered taxis in its fleet: ‘Taxis fit for the future’
Story by Richard Kazmer • Yesterday 10:00 AM

According to CleanTechnica, Hamburg is setting a precedent in Germany, and perhaps worldwide, by mandating hydrogen- or electric-powered taxi fleets by 2025.

The ban on gas-powered cabs follows recent passage of climate laws in the region that paves the way for a surge of cleaner taxis. The mandate is part of plans that include more public transit and underground and suburban trains in an effort to reduce air pollution. 

The taxi measure is estimated to reduce harmful emissions by about 25,000 tons a year, according to officials.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/this-is-the-first-city-to-ban-gas-powered-taxis-in-its-fleet-taxis-fit-for-the-future/ar-AA192DEY?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=32c2a1f15de74560a4a200f981af9755&ei=44
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson