Author Topic: Matt Gaetz Calls on Ron DeSantis, Ted Cruz to Endorse Donald Trump for President  (Read 2892 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matt Gaetz Calls on Ron DeSantis, Ted Cruz to Endorse Donald Trump for President

Katherine Hamilton 25 Mar 2023

Florida Congressman Matt Gaetz (R) called on Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) to support Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential run.

Gaetz made the comment during a speech on Saturday at a Trump rally in Waco, Texas. During his speech, the congressman credited the success of both DeSantis and Cruz to Trump because of how the former president supported them as candidates in their respective races.

“Only Donald Trump could have rescued us from Hillary Clinton. Without Trump doing three rallies in the final week in the 2018 election in Florida, my governor today would probably be Andrew Gillum,” Gaetz said, referencing the close race between DeSantis and Gillum, who was soon after caught up in various scandals. “How weird is that? And without Trump dragging Ted Cruz across the finish line, your senator would probably be beta-Beto.”

“So Ron DeSantis, Ted Cruz: patriots of the MAGA movement delivered for you in your time of need,” Gaetz continued. “Today, Ron DeSantis and Ted Cruz should endorse Donald Trump for president and stand with us as we were so proud to stand with them.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/25/matt-gaetz-calls-on-ron-desantis-ted-cruz-to-endorse-donald-trump-for-president/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

The joker wing of the arson caucus has spoken.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline kevindavis007

So what's going to happen if they don't?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
So what's going to happen if they don't?

Nothing.

I'm just going to say that the whole MAGA thing has gotten really weird.  I don't even feel like winning the election is what motivates them any more.  It's more like they're just looking for emotional catharsis by berating and mocking everyone who disagrees with them.  If that means they don't win...they're okay with that.  They got to tell off everyone they don't like, and that's good enough.

Not sure I've ever seen anything like it.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If the MAGA movement means more Trump record deficit spending....   then count me out.

Gaetz is Trump's Water Boy...  what a GMF.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 05:28:19 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
And the reason most of us didn't want him elected... and others did.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline kevindavis007

Nothing.

I'm just going to say that the whole MAGA thing has gotten really weird.  I don't even feel like winning the election is what motivates them any more.  It's more like they're just looking for emotional catharsis by berating and mocking everyone who disagrees with them.  If that means they don't win...they're okay with that.  They got to tell off everyone they don't like, and that's good enough.

Not sure I've ever seen anything like it.

Nor have I. I see it this way, winning elections means work has to be done. Losing elections means no work, but continued moaning and collecting money.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Gaetz didn't like it when Trump was getting his nose in the House Leader fight, he can do the same with the Presidential race.

Serious tactical error.
The Republic is lost.

Online LMAO

If the MAGA movement means more Trump record deficit spending....   then count me out.

Gaetz is Trump's Water Boy...  what a GMF.

MAGAs have carved out an exemption on character and spending issues for Donald Trump that they would never allow for anyone else

You see some of that here. Whenever anyone points out the massive amount of debt that Donald Trump added on to an already unsustainable debt, you either get ridiculous defenses like those were budgets that he couldn’t do anything about because they were all left from the previous president, or, “not this shit again” themed memes
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
MAGAs have carved out an exemption on character and spending issues for Donald Trump that they would never allow for anyone else

You see some of that here. Whenever anyone points out the massive amount of debt that Donald Trump added on to an already unsustainable debt, you either get ridiculous defenses like those were budgets that he couldn’t do anything about because they were all left from the previous president, or, “not this shit again” themed memes

Exactly, and when I get those ridiculous comments I have to counter that with the exception of Clinton, every POTUS since Reagan, and including Reagan had to dieal with a major crisis that they had to walk the tight rope of incurred debt. 

Reagan- Cleaning up Carter's mess
Bush I- First Gulf War
Bush II- WOT
Obama- Great Recession, and his stupid QE circus

The Orange Brigade has no defense that even inflation adjusted, Trump as POTUS   over saw the worst run up of federal debt in modern history.  His record...  He needs to own it, rather than his silly deflection on the matter on populist shit.

This country needs a fiscally driven POTUS.....   In the worst way possible.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The joker wing of the arson caucus has spoken.

@Cato

The truth hurts,doesn't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

Yeah, let's all endorse adding another several trillion dollars to the federal deficit!

Offline cato potatoe

The truth hurts,doesn't it?

You still on the Trump Train, after he threatened death and destruction, and posted a picture himself holding a baseball bat, menacing a district attorney?   Not a good look, pete.

Online LMAO

You still on the Trump Train, after he threatened death and destruction, and posted a picture himself holding a baseball bat, menacing a district attorney?   Not a good look, pete.

I have no doubt head honchos at the DNC are drooling at the opportunity to use those words and images along with Jan 6th footage in the general against him. I would if I was them

Although I can’t think of a better person to smack along side of the head than Alvin Bragg
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@cato potatoe

Yes,I am.

BTW,WHEN was the photo with  the baseball bat taken,and did Trump post it next to  the DA,or did someone else?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have no doubt head honchos at the DNC are drooling at the opportunity to use those words and images along with Jan 6th footage in the general against him. I would if I was them

Although I can’t think of a better person to smack along side of the head than Alvin Bragg

@LMAO

I SUSPECT that  Bragg is nothing more than a flunkie,following the orders of his masters.

Not that "I vas jist followink orders!" is much of an excuse for an adult.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@cato potatoe

Yes,I am.

BTW,WHEN was the photo with  the baseball bat taken,and did Trump post it next to  the DA,or did someone else?

Trump did.  In his own Truth Social post.  You can find it reported in a bunch of different places, Trump's own lawyer said it was "ill-advised", and there is no denial from Trump that he did it.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 03:47:48 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump did.  In his own Truth Social post.  You can find it reported in a bunch of different places, Trump's own lawyer said it was "ill-advised", and there is no denial from Trump that he did it.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Ok,thanks.

It is sad to think I even had  to ask,but things aren't as simple these days as they used to be,and you  are right,it was a stupid thing to do.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin

Ok,thanks.

It is sad to think I even had  to ask,but things aren't as simple these days as they used to be,and you  are right,it was a stupid thing to do.

I don't blame you in the slightest.  I'm extremely skeptical of the things I read, especially if they seem either too good or too bad to be true.  I always read underlying articles and sometimes do some additional checking to decide whether or not a story is credible.

One of the reasons I left TOS was because almost everyone seemed to comment just on the headlines without reading the articles, and it was remarkable how many times the headlines didn't reflect what was in the article.  And sometimes, even if you read the article, you would have to check some of the sources that that article cited to see if they were credible or not.  People here generally do see much more interested in confirming that something is true before spouting about it.  I think that's why the actual discussions are so much better.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't blame you in the slightest.  I'm extremely skeptical of the things I read, especially if they seem either too good or too bad to be true.  I always read underlying articles and sometimes do some additional checking to decide whether or not a story is credible.

One of the reasons I left TOS was because almost everyone seemed to comment just on the headlines without reading the articles, and it was remarkable how many times the headlines didn't reflect what was in the article.  And sometimes, even if you read the article, you would have to check some of the sources that that article cited to see if they were credible or not.  People here generally do see much more interested in confirming that something is true before spouting about it.  I think that's why the actual discussions are so much better.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I am not so sure that is still true. There seems to be a large number of regular posters here now that LIVE to post slander,lies,and anything negative they can find or make up about Trump.

I have chemo brain so my memory  isn't what it used to be,but I don't remember seeing posters here slander Clinton or Biden like this.

Thinking  about dropping out until after the election. Life is too short to be getting mad every day.

Online LMAO

@Maj. Bill Martin

I am not so sure that is still true. There seems to be a large number of regular posters here now that LIVE to post slander,lies,and anything negative they can find or make up about Trump.

I have chemo brain so my memory  isn't what it used to be,but I don't remember seeing posters here slander Clinton or Biden like this.

Thinking  about dropping out until after the election. Life is too short to be getting mad every day.

Who? And what are the lies?

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who? And what are the lies?

@LMAO

I just got through explaining my memory loss due to cancer treatement,and you seriously expect me to look up who are the worse and quote their accusations?

ESAD is the kindest thing I have to write to you.

Online LMAO

@LMAO

I just got through explaining my memory loss due to cancer treatement,and you seriously expect me to look up who are the worse and quote their accusations?

ESAD is the kindest thing I have to write to you.

But you made the charge. Surely you could find one. All I've seen is people quote Trump's own words and both candidates voting records.

I understand memory loss due to cancer treatment and I hope and pray you feel better but you can't just make a claim and not back it up

Admit you don't really know and move on
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 02:13:02 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

It's apparent 'Cancer Therapy' is another way the Medical Industry is used to brainwash us. 
  @sneakypete it seems just 14~18 months ago you disliked Trump almost as much as me. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.