Author Topic: Toll of Border Crisis on States: Florida  (Read 169 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Toll of Border Crisis on States: Florida
« on: March 25, 2023, 03:52:48 pm »
Toll of Border Crisis on States: Florida

Illegal immigration Florida
An analysis shows that Biden’s border crisis and illegal immigration cost Florida citizens more than $8 billion per year—a cost of $5,040 per capita annually. Pictured: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis speaks to Iowans on March 10, 2023, in Des Moines, Iowa. (Photo: Scott Olson/Getty Images)

COMMENTARY BY
Erin Dwinell

Erin Dwinell is a senior research associate with The Heritage Foundation’s Border Security and Immigration Center.

This is Part 3 in a series about the toll that the federal government’s intentional promotion of illegal immigration is taking on the states and their citizens. (Read Part 1 (national overview) here and Part 2 (Texas) here.)

As the border crisis continues across every congressional district in the country, Florida is leading the charge to fight back against the Biden administration’s dangerous policies that are causing the crisis and its incredible costs to state taxpayers.

As of this year, an analysis shows that the border crisis and illegal immigration cost Florida citizens more than $8 billion per year—a cost of $5,040 per capita annually

The breakdown of that $8 billion includes nearly $6 billion in government services for about 1.19 million illegal aliens living in Florida and more than $2 billion in services for about 610,000 of their U.S.-born children.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/03/24/toll-of-border-crisis-on-states-florida/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson