Author Topic: Two Migrants Dead, 5 Airlifted in Railcar Smuggling Incident near Border in Texas  (Read 105 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Two Migrants Dead, 5 Airlifted in Railcar Smuggling Incident near Border in Texas

Hebbronville Station Border Patrol agents find 15 migrants locked inside a grain hopper rail car. 
BOB PRICE and RANDY CLARK24 Mar 2023138

Police responding to a 911 call from inside a rail car near Uvalde, Texas, on Friday evening found two migrants dead, according to law enforcement sources on the scene. Five additional migrants were unresponsive and had to be airlifted to San Antonio-area hospitals. Five other migrants were transported by ambulance to a local hospital.

UPDATE, 7:40 p.m.: Uvalde Police Department officials sent out an updated statement Friday evening. The statement reports a 911 caller stated numerous undocumented migrants were “suffocating” inside a train car. Police contacted the Union Pacific Railroad who stopped the train near Knippa, Texas.

The statement updates earlier information obtained from Texas DPS and other law enforcement sources. The statement confirms the deaths of two migrants at the scene. Police report five additional migants were airlifted to San Antonio hospitals and five others were transported by ground to local area hospitals. The highway has been reopened to traffic.

Original Story Continues:

Law enforcement 991 operators in Uvalde County received an emergency call from a migrant located inside a rail car near Knippa, Texas, late Friday afternoon. Police, Border Patrol agents, and fire rescue teams responded to the location and began searching for the migrants believed to be trapped inside a sealed rail car, according to multiple sources not authorized to speak to the media.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/03/24/sources-two-migrants-dead-four-medevaced-from-south-texas-railcar/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson