Author Topic: ‘Climate Homicide’: New paper in Harvard Env. Law Review calls for ‘prosecuting’ big U.S. oil firms  (Read 520 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Climate Homicide’: New paper in Harvard Env. Law Review calls for ‘prosecuting’ big U.S. oil firms for ‘climate deaths’

UK Guardian: Authors of paper accepted for publication in Harvard Environmental Law Review argue firms are ‘killing members of the public at an accelerating rate’

Climate Homicide: Prosecuting Big Oil For Climate Deaths - Harvard Environmental Law Review, Vol. 48, No. 1, 2024

‘Climate homicide’: Could Big Oil be sued for disaster deaths? ‘Prosecuting Big Oil for Climate Death’ urges new paper in the Harvard Environmental Law Review
- The paper, “Climate Homicide: Prosecuting Big Oil for Climate Death” — written by Arkush and Donald Braman, an associate professor at George Washington University Law School — will be published next spring in the Harvard Environmental Law Review. “We concluded there aren't really any legal or factual barriers to prosecution,” Arkush said.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/03/24/new-paper-in-harvard-law-review-calls-for-charging-big-u-s-oil-firms-with-climate-homicide/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Next will be farmers for producing food that make people obese! *****rollingeyes*****
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Next will be farmers for producing food that make people obese! *****rollingeyes*****

@rangerrebew

"We iz da wurld.......

We iz da peep-pulls.....

Sang hit wid me,Vladimir!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why would this surprise anyone?

Lawyers gotta sue people and institutions,or they would be forced to get more honest jobs,like pimping or selling drugs.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Uhhhhhh...

Nothing new.  As a Safety Health and Environmental Manager at a plant, we had this dagger hanging over us,  especially after the Clean Air Reauthorization Act of 1990.  There were very tight and specific provisons of criminal implications of even the most inert of violations.  This Act also created provisons under the Act's Title V that our facilities had to self report violations on a semi-annual basis. 

This self disclosure was set to protect the sites from criminal exposure.  BUT....   If I knowlingly did not disclose, I was subject to criminal charges.  Can you see any wonder I retired at the minimum age of 55?  Really got tired of this shit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Will they prosecute all the windmill companies for using oil in their products?

Oil isn't just used for fuel (about 75% of the barrel), but for plastics and other products as well (the remaining 25%).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If they start prosecuting the oil co.'s, which could very well be successful on the left coast, then wells would start to be plugged.  This could very well work to end the oil business.

Enough sanity overseas to prevent that as far as business model.   Even through this craziness have you checked the stock prices of Big Oil..... BP, CVX, XOM lately?  Demand internationally actually has gone up through this. 

Then add the fact there are just some products like polyethylene, , polpropylene, jet fuel, asphalt, etc that civilized society can not function without.  The hard core envirowhackos are decoupled from reality.  A couple of cold slaps will stop that. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Will they prosecute all the windmill companies for using oil in their products?

Oil isn't just used for fuel (about 75% of the barrel), but for plastics and other products as well (the remaining 25%).

@Smokin Joe

They will eventually,you can bet on it.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@Smokin Joe

They will eventually,you can bet on it.

lol...that's a joke right?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

I wish.

(1) Wind energy is a darling of left wing envirowhackos
(2) No natural oil is available or manufactured for the industrial application of lubricaton of turbines of this nature.

Then add the fact they envirowhackos allow the death of millions of birds needlessly?

They are a protected industrial class.  They already get minimal regulatory oversight.  What makes you think our left wing legislators will allow more.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
(2) No natural oil is available or manufactured for the industrial application of lubricaton of turbines of this nature.

Then add the fact they envirowhackos allow the death of millions of birds needlessly?

They are a protected industrial class.  They already get minimal regulatory oversight.  What makes you think our left wing legislators will allow more.

@catfish1957

The mere fact that they ARE left-wing legislators. Just take a quick look and listen to some of those loons and you will quickly understand.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

They are like the Soviets.
You know the Party always eats its own sooner or later.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis