Author Topic: New “disappearing bottle” to be made from potato starch  (Read 257 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New “disappearing bottle” to be made from potato starch
« on: March 25, 2023, 12:29:56 pm »
New “disappearing bottle” to be made from potato starch
By Adam Houser |March 24th, 2023|7 Comments

In an intriguing development, a new biodegradable bottle has been invented that disintegrates once torn up and placed under water.

The product, called “GoneShells,” is made from potato, and can be composted, disposed of under tap water, or even eaten.

As reported by World Bio Market Insights:

“The innovative biodegradable packaging material is made from potato.

“What makes GoneShells innovative is the speed of and the multiple alternatives of degradation. With a bottle that can be home composted, eaten or dissolved under the water tap in the kitchen sink, the objectives are to create less strain on recycling systems and reduce problems associated with packaging materials ending up in nature. With a bottle designed to be torn apart after it has been used, the idea is that oneself can speed up the decomposition process. When you break the packaging and then put it in contact with water, a natural reaction starts to break down the bottle immediately – and that’s how we created a bottle with the ability to disappear by itself.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/03/24/new-disappearing-bottle-to-be-made-from-potato-starch/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: New “disappearing bottle” to be made from potato starch
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 12:31:16 pm »
Good thinking!  Use up the shrinking food supply to make bottles while raising prices for consumers. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 12:35:30 pm »
Wouldn't your beverage become kind of starchy as the bottle disintegrates?  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 02:01:56 pm »
Wouldn't your beverage become kind of starchy as the bottle disintegrates?  :shrug:

It prolly has a thin membrane lining or coating inside.  Kinda like a condom
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 02:20:56 pm »
Gotta do stuff. to counter the Preppers.  And how better than destroy their ability to do so, than remove their ability for storage.

No accident.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.