Author Topic: Calif. Senate Passes Bill To Punish Oil Companies For High Pump Prices  (Read 416 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ADAM BEAM ON MAR 24, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Calif. Senate Passes Bill To Punish Oil Companies For High Pump Prices

newsom presserA first-in-the-nation bill to punish oil companies for profiting from price spikes at the pump breezed through the California Senate on Thursday at the urging of Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom, the first major vote in an effort to pass the law by month’s end.

The proposal is in response to sales last summer when the average price of a gallon of gasoline in California soared to a record high of $6.48. [emphasis, links added]

Drivers in some places paid as much as $8 per gallon, prompting widespread outrage in an election year.

Newsom, a Democrat, reacted by attacking the oil industry, specifically the five companies that provide 97% of gasoline in the state.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/calif-senate-passes-bill-to-punish-oil-companies-for-high-pump-prices/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As stations close, Mejifornia will have neither enough gas nor electricity to put all the cars on their roads when they go all electric cars. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It might be easier for some of these companies to simply stop doing business within California.

No profits?
Or most of the profit taken by the state?
Why stay there?

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
As a current Californian...I'm taking him for his word...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwx2ce_AyOE
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
As an Oil Company retiree, and and stock holder.....

I'm all for getting every single pump out CA by next week.   F California.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.