Author Topic: "Significant" Amount Of Toxic Waste From Ohio Train Derailment Heads To Baltimore  (Read 361 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

The decision to transport a "significant" amount of toxic wastewater from the East Palestine, Ohio train derailment by rail to a wastewater treatment plant located east of Baltimore City, and eventually discharge it into the local water system, might spark outrage among residents.

Local media outlet WYPR obtained a letter from Contractor Clean Harbors of Baltimore Inc., which described itself as the "optimal wastewater treatment site to treat and discharge the wastewater collected from rainwater, collected water and stream water above and below the cleanup site of the Norfolk Southern Railroad derailment."

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/significant-amount-toxic-waste-ohio-train-derailment-headed-baltimore
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A good place for it.

Really.
(I DO mean that)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A good place for it.

Really.
(I DO mean that)
It will never leave the Chesapeake Bay estuary (that's the way brackish water tidewater estuaries circulate), at least until the oysters crabs, and fish remove it from the water and concentrate it beyond 'safe' levels.
Look for another dead fishery.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis