Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Is Asked If He'd Be Donald Trump's Vice President. His Answer Is Telling.  (Read 812 times)

Offline libertybele

Ron DeSantis Is Asked If He'd Be Donald Trump's Vice President. His Answer Is Telling.

Ron Dicker
Fri, March 24, 2023 at 7:45 AM EDT

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis hasn’t announced if he’s running against Donald Trump for the GOP presidential nomination in 2024, but he indicated Thursday he would not be Trump’s vice-presidential running mate.

Asked by Newsmax’s Eric Bolling if he would consider joining the Trump ticket, DeSantis said:

“I think I am probably more of an executive guy. I think that you want to be able to do things. That’s part of the reason I got into this job, is because we have action. We’re able to make things happen, and I think that’s probably what I’m best suited for.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ron-desantis-asked-hed-donald-114540169.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Kamala Harris would be a good VP running mate for Orange Julius.  Or maybe Ormawassa or what ever her name was.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I would not want to see DeSantis as Trump's VP -- it would be about as dumb a move as he could make, and DeSantis isn't dumb.

Offline libertybele

Kamala Harris would be a good VP running mate for Orange Julius.  Or maybe Ormawassa or what ever her name was.

Oprah.  You forgot Oprah.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

I would not want to see DeSantis as Trump's VP -- it would be about as dumb a move as he could make, and DeSantis isn't dumb.

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

The Dem candidate probably will be Big Mike Obama anyway.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's VP will be Kari Lake... :yowsa:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

GOOD.

TUMPY is antithetical to the TEA Party.
Dance with who brung you DeSantis...
 :beer:

Offline libertybele

Trump's VP will be Kari Lake... :yowsa:

Hopefully he won't pick another loser like Pence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is the last thing DeSantis needs to worry about.  Trump doesn't need RDS to win Florida and beyond the wishful thinking, the voters won't miss the governor.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 11:11:47 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Hopefully he won't pick another loser like Pence.

The administrative state will not be making the choice this time around.  No worries.

Offline LMAO

I wouldn’t want to hook up my political wagon to a three time election loser.

Ron DeSantis is fairly young, with a young family, and he’s got a long time ahead of him if and when he decides to throw his hat in the presidential nomination ring
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Three time?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Ron DeSantis is fairly young, with a young family, and he’s got a long time ahead of him if and when he decides to throw his hat in the presidential nomination ring

The list of former subordinates with whom he is on bad terms is much longer than the list who are on good terms.  So it may make sense to work for Trump if you've got nothing to lose - you're a completely unknown, etc..  Otherwise, he's just toxic to those who work for him.

Him trying to fill a cabinet with competent people a second time would be...interesting.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Guv.....
Run from the orange menace.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Him trying to fill a cabinet with competent people a second time would be...interesting.

Worked so well for him so well the first time.  Quoting one of his early "outsiders" from the early years... Rex Tillerson.  "Man's an idiot"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

I think we can pretty much count on that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

Which one? You need to be more specific.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Idiot

Worked so well for him so well the first time.  Quoting one of his early "outsiders" from the early years... Rex Tillerson.  "Man's an idiot"
Pretty much everyone who has worked for Trump can't stand him.  You'd think this would mean something.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

"I only hire the best people."

Honest to God, I think Tillerson was correct. It was pretty obviously that Trump didn't know much about government when he got elected, and certainly wasn't a "policy wonk".  But I figured there was a good chance he'd be diligent and study that stuff after he got elected, and would grown into the job from a knowledge standpoint.  But he never did.  It's almost like he has complete disdain for anyone who looks at the details of an issue to gain a better understanding.  Everything is seat of the pants, and the direction in which he goes often is determined by his personal relationship with the people involved.  It's just maddening to have a President who doesn't seem to care if he understands the Constitution, how government functions, etc..

Offline Kamaji

"I only hire the best people."

Honest to God, I think Tillerson was correct. It was pretty obviously that Trump didn't know much about government when he got elected, and certainly wasn't a "policy wonk".  But I figured there was a good chance he'd be diligent and study that stuff after he got elected, and would grown into the job from a knowledge standpoint.  But he never did.  It's almost like he has complete disdain for anyone who looks at the details of an issue to gain a better understanding.  Everything is seat of the pants, and the direction in which he goes often is determined by his personal relationship with the people involved.  It's just maddening to have a President who doesn't seem to care if he understands the Constitution, how government functions, etc..

:thumbsup: