Author Topic: Jobless claims fall a day after Fed hikes rates again  (Read 566 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jobless claims fall a day after Fed hikes rates again
« on: March 23, 2023, 02:03:32 pm »
Jobless claims fall a day after Fed hikes rates again
Zachary Halaschak

The number of new applications for unemployment benefits unexpectedly dropped by 1,000 to 191,000 last week, the Labor Department reported Thursday.

Falling jobless claims are a sign the labor market is resilient despite the Federal Reserve’s historic effort to tighten monetary policy to slow economywide spending and drive down inflation.

The weekly jobless claims number has been closely watched over the past year, given the Fed has been hiking aggressively. The new numbers come a day after the central bank announced it would increase its interest rate target by a quarter of a percentage point.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/jobless-claims-fall-a-day-after-fed-hikes-rates-again
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Jobless claims fall a day after Fed hikes rates again
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 02:12:01 pm »
The labor shortage is real. We have open positions at the hospital for doctors, RNs, nursing assistance, dining room help, you name it. We have two positions on our floor and we have no applicants.

And there’s only so high you can raise wages and benefits, to attract people. Meanwhile, on my way to work, there’s no shortage of panhandlers in the city of Duluth.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 05:01:18 pm »
Quietly the price of gold has reached $2000/oz.

Move along....nothing to see here.   :whistle:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 05:03:02 pm »
Next week, more bank failures.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 05:08:59 pm »
Next week, more bank failures.

KBE which is an ETF for all the banks in the S&P 500 is at its lowest point today since the Jul '20 COVID crash.

Jerome Powell did more damage of 1 minute of stuttering yesterday than I have ever seen since the '70's from a Fed Chair.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 05:14:13 pm »
KBE which is an ETF for all the banks in the S&P 500 is at its lowest point today since the Jul '20 COVID crash.

Jerome Powell did more damage of 1 minute of stuttering yesterday than I have ever seen since the '70's from a Fed Chair.

My IRA retirement fund wants reparations from the Fed for forced slavery.  Work for 40 years in chains for freedom... and they keep draggging me back.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 05:32:44 pm »
My IRA retirement fund wants reparations from the Fed for forced slavery.  Work for 40 years in chains for freedom... and they keep draggging me back.

Powell and Yellen are probably looking for escape pods, after what we are going to see in the not too distant future.

His body language and stuttering during the SVB questioning yesterday sank the markets 500 points in a matter of 10 minutes.
This country should have zero confidence in its financial systems right now. We are a currency decoupling or a major international event from this house of cards collapsing.

an you imagine your money being worth 25 cents on the dollar on the world stage.....  overnight. That's not out of realm.