Author Topic: Tornado outbreak in the South with updates  (Read 1353 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tornado outbreak in the South with updates
« on: March 24, 2023, 04:46:14 pm »
 Possible tornado outbreak threatens 25 million as severe storms target Deep South
By Brian Donegan , Scott Sistek, FOX Weather   
March 24, 2023 10:04am

A potentially dangerous tornado outbreak threatens a region covering around 25 million people across the Deep South on Friday, with strong thunderstorms that could spawn intense tornadoes, damaging winds and large hail.

Meanwhile, the potential for flash flooding extends into the Ohio Valley.

The threat is particularly high in the lower Mississippi Valley – where supercells will be capable of producing EF-2 or stronger tornadoes, damaging wind gusts and large hail.

“Favorable wind shear is all going to come together across the Southeast … where we again continue to track this threat of severe weather throughout the day on Friday,” said FOX Weather meteorologist Jane Minar.

Of greatest concern for threatening weather is an area centered around Greenville, Mississippi, stretching as far north as Memphis, Tennessee and as far south as Monroe, Louisiana, and west to Pine Bluff, Arkansas where NOAA’s Storm Prediction Center has painted a “significant” risk of severe weather and strong tornadoes, reaching level 4 on their 5-rung severe weather outlook scale.

“If you are in that magenta-shaded area, you really need to be on alert,” said FOX Weather Meteorologist Jason Frazer.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/03/24/possible-tornado-outbreak-threatens-25-million-in-the-deep-south/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 03:50:11 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

I suspect the folks in Alabama are more than a little relieved that they don't seem to be in the path this time. They've really been hammered.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I suspect the folks in Alabama are more than a little relieved that they don't seem to be in the path this time. They've really been hammered.
@mountaineer

Lol, I live in a house that has had the roof lifted off of it a few inches and sat back down... Grandpa and dad cut the curtains that were sucked out (and sat back down on) off as close as they could in the attic (and outside). Just part of life here in the South (worse being a triangle from Birmingham, to Huntsville, to Chattanooga TN). Prayers for Mississippi probable getting the brunt of it today.

According to this map, the possibility of rough weather exist for parts of Alabama too, including where I live.

Thanks for thinking about us Mountain. I think @Hoodat now lives closer to the triangle of worry.

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/national_forecast/natfcst.php
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 07:21:01 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online mountaineer

Praying for the weather to be a lot less intense than forecast!

Offline Sighlass

Praying for the weather to be a lot less intense than forecast!

Just 3 tornadoes in county... typical small short lived one, I think others got hit harder, but that is for another day. 2:30 AM and I am bushed tired now after coming out of shelter.

Ping me if someone gets a good article on the damage (Mississippi and Alabama).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online mountaineer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mississippi tornado storm leaves at least 23 dead and four missing
by Asher Notheis, Breaking News Reporter |
March 25, 2023 09:33 AM

At least 23 people are dead in the wake of a severe tornado storm in Mississippi, with at least four other people missing.

The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency made the announcement on Saturday morning, with the number of both deaths and missing people expected to increase.

"We have numerous local and state search and rescue teams that continue to work this morning," the agency wrote on social media. "A number of assets are on the ground to assist those that have been impacted."

https://twitter.com/MSEMA/status/1639589482189008896

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mississippi-tornado-kills-23-four-missing
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It got all yellow and green in the sky yesterday afternoon here in these parts, like it was wanting to get tornadic.  Seems it focused north and east of me though.

Terrible storms...   Especially at night makes it worse.  (Like in Hurricanes)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online libertybele

https://twitter.com/JordanHallWX/status/1639614835594866689

The picture of the devastation is absolutely unbelievable!  25 million in the path of severe storms is a tremendous amount.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Tornado Kills 23 In Mississippi With Many More Injured, Some Missing
Tornado Devastation Rolling Fork Mississippi

GRETCHEN CLAYSON
CONTRIBUTOR
March 25, 2023
10:57 AM ET

At least 23 people were killed after a tornado ripped through Mississippi Friday night, leaving many more injured and some missing in its 100-mile path of destruction.

The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MSEMA) confirmed the deaths of at least 23 people and injuries to “dozens more” after a tornado touched down approximately 60 miles north of Jackson March 24, centering on the communities of Silver City and Rolling Fork. Four others have been declared missing in the wake of the destruction. As search and rescue teams desperately work across the region, the number of casualties is expected to rise, Fox News reported.

“Complete and utter devastation. Just houses, roofs ripped off of houses, walls took down from houses,” Rolling Fork resident Edgar O’Neil told WAPT News.  “I’ve seen several areas where parts of the concrete, the asphalt had been jacked up from the ground. I mean, complete devastation,” he added. (RELATED: ‘All I Could Do Was Start Praying’: Man Survives Being Crushed Inside His Truck By A Tree)

https://dailycaller.com/2023/03/25/23-dead-tornado-mississippi-rolling-fork/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Tornado outbreak in the South with updates
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2023, 03:53:56 pm »

https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1639442421292449793

Pasadena?  Deer Park?. San Jacinto?

I think this twitter feed is off kilter.  The sun is shining here.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2023, 04:00:20 pm »
Pasadena?  Deer Park?. San Jacinto?

I think this twitter feed is off kilter.  The sun is shining here.

This is last night in Ms
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Sighlass

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2023, 06:21:54 pm »
Thank you for sharing this clip... Heartbreaking.

Yes, thanks for sharing @Sighlass ; what an absolute nightmare.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2023, 07:11:39 pm »
Prayers up for all affected, and for that weatherman who obviously cares and kept it together (and prayed) on the air.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2023, 08:01:26 pm »
Prayers up for all affected, and for that weatherman who obviously cares and kept it together (and prayed) on the air.

Noticed a hemorrhoid or two gripped about the weatherman's tiny prayer.... Made me think, does it butt hurt you so bad that someone CARES enough about his viewership that he expressed it as he deeply knew how? The gripers didn't care about people losing their lives, only that someone dared express heartfelt compassion (love for his neighbor no matter who they were).   

Ugg, sometimes I weep for humanity.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 08:02:22 pm by Sighlass »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2023, 08:15:06 pm »
HOLY CRAP!   8888crybaby
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2023, 08:26:24 pm »
Oh… Dear Lord
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck