Author Topic: Trump to Hold Massive Rally in the Face of Bragg’s Potential Indictment  (Read 6506 times)

Offline Idiot

Trump: DeSantis Begged Me for an Endorsement with 'Tears in His Eyes'
Nick Gilbertson

Former President Donald Trump trashed Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) at the first rally of his 2024 presidential campaign in Waco, Texas, on Saturday night.

Trump hit DeSantis on a number of fronts, including Social Security, Medicare, and the coronavirus pandemic, but his harshest criticism came on the issue of loyalty.

Trump recounted that an emotional DeSantis approached him during Florida’s 2018 gubernatorial primary race against Adam Putnam and essentially begged for an endorsement to help land the nomination:

But I’m a loyalist, and when a man comes to me, tears in his eyes, he’s at almost nothing in the polls, and he’s fighting somebody that’s at 42 [percent], and he’s got almost $30 million in the bank. He’s at almost nothing, he’s got no cash, and I said, ‘I can’t give you an endorsement. There’s no way you can win. You’re dead.’

DeSantis responded, “Sir, if you endorse me, I’ll win. Please. Please, sir, endorse me,” according to Trump.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/25/trump-rips-desanctus-he-begged-me-for-an-endorsement-with-tears-in-his-eyes/
Knowing Trump's tendency to embellish....I don't believe this.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

That's a polite way of putting it.

The weird thing about Trump is that you don't form negative opinions about him based on what others say.  You form those opinions from the words that come out of his own mouth.  Very Biden-esque in that respect.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The fact this fat little DA thumbed his nose at the GOP House subpoena, tells everything you need to know about his interest in the rule of law. 

@catfish1957

You have to give him credit for helping boost Trump's campaign.

And for all you "Never Trumper loons",take note of how large the crowd will be,and compare it to the "crowds" YOUR favorite candidate gets.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline kevindavis007

Because MAGA voters are the secret, silent majority.  Just ask them.

@Maj. Bill Martin @LMAO

Well if Trump is the nominee it's going to be a bloodbath when he runs against either Newsom or Biden. Which will be bad news.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Nor do I.  This is a man who made a 1/4 of a career as reality TV show star.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I understand extradition.  I am trying to envision who and how it happens.  NYC cops?...  Marshalls?,   Dog the Bounty Hunter?   :silly:

@catfish1957

Unless he has sold it all,he owns a LOT of commercial property in NY,and all that turd has to do is wait for him to come to NYC to check on his property and do what all property owners have to do to keep things maintained,and then arrest him there.

Meanwhile,Bragg is probably enjoying "rock star" fame in NYC.

Offline Kamaji

@catfish1957

And for all you "Never Trumper loons",take note of how large the crowd will be,and compare it to the "crowds" YOUR favorite candidate gets.

:mauslaff:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957

I voted for Trump Pete.  Why are you calling me a "never trumper".  That would have meant I never supported Trump.

He can go f himself now as far as I am concerned.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The perfect time to arrest Trump would have to be at his speech in Waco.  :whistle:

@bigheadfred

Yeah,that oughta work well. Shouldn't take much more than the NG of several  surrounding states.

Providing,of course,that the NG soldiers report in when called.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Short answer is that the Governor of NY will contact the Governor of Fla..  Florida law enforcement will then seize and hold that person, and then NY law enforcement will travel to Fla., pick up the person, and then travel back to NY.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Do you think DeSantis will go along with that? Remember,he wants to run for President,too.

BTW,being a little Machiavellian here,but what are the chances of the left arranging this whole thing in order to try  to suck DeSantis into it and "kill two birds with one stone"?

You can bet your bippy that DeSantis would lose most of the "mushhead moderate" yankee votes if he would be seen to be supporting Trump  by trying to block extradition.

Yeah,we all know the typical Dim is borderline retarded or more ignorant than a space alien,but this is NOT true of the international bankers that play the music they dance to. They have no interest in being elected,they want to OWN America.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 03:07:01 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And if that happened it would be political suicide for DeSantis. 

This thing is dead in the water before it started.

@catfish1957

I think so,too.

Truth to tell,I never once thought it was anything more than a political PR stunt for the denizens of NYC to start with.

Not really sure that Bragg would know what to do with him and the team of lawyers he would show up with if he flew to NYC  and surrendered.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't think so. DeSantis, as governor, is legally bound to follow the law.

@bigheadfred

I am GUESSING he already has a stack of legal opinions a foot high,stating why he wouldn't have to comply.

Offline Kamaji

@Maj. Bill Martin

Do you think DeSantis will go along with that? Remember,he wants to run for President,too.

He won't have much choice.  The Supreme Court has already held that a state's duty to extradite at the request of a sister state is mandatory.  The most DeSantis could do is to refuse to extradite and leave it to the federal courts and the U.S. marshals service to extradite the Orange Shitshow to NY.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:mauslaff:

@Kamaji

I am sure  you will shed more than a few tears before this is over.

Offline LMAO

@catfish1957

Most voters don’t attend political rallies
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I voted for Trump Pete.  Why are you calling me a "never trumper".  That would have meant I never supported Trump.

No,it just means you morphed into a NT after losing your mind.

He can go f himself now as far as I am concerned.

See?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
He won't have much choice.  The Supreme Court has already held that a state's duty to extradite at the request of a sister state is mandatory.  The most DeSantis could do is to refuse to extradite and leave it to the federal courts and the U.S. marshals service to extradite the Orange Shitshow to NY.

I think it will boil down again around level of cooperation.

DeSantis will never admit to thumbing his nose to the extradition order in principle, but his level of zeal of executing is another. 

I understand the concept of putting certain pieces of paper under others for priority sake.   All DeSantis has to say, is we have more pressing priorities, and we'll get to it, when we have time.

Offline Kamaji

@Kamaji

I am sure  you will shed more than a few tears before this is over.

Why?  Until and unless Trump grows up and stops acting like a spoilt little child, we are assured of getting Biden, or his democrat replacement, as president in 2024.  Even then, we also need Trump's cadre of supporters to also stop acting like spoilt little children.

Offline Kamaji

I think it will boil down again around level of cooperation.

DeSantis will never admit to thumbing his nose to the extradition order in principle, but his level of zeal of executing is another. 

I understand the concept of putting certain pieces of paper under others for priority sake.   All DeSantis has to say, is we have more pressing priorities, and we'll get to it, when we have time.

I agree.  And were I DeSantis, I would simply add that if the NY governor wants to expedite the matter, he can take it up in federal court, as is his right.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I agree.  And were I DeSantis, I would simply add that if the NY governor wants to expedite the matter, he can take it up in federal court, as is his right.

Agree...   And at worse, I'd press the DA, to give the specific chapter and verse of the law (felony) that Trump is accused of. Which I understand has already been addressed and litigated in precedent by the Edwards love child case.   Which actually was a case where I understand campaign funds WERE used for hush money.  And the Feds chose not to prosecute.

Offline Kamaji

Agree...   And at worse, I'd press the DA, to give the specific chapter and verse of the law (felony) that Trump is accused of. Which I understand has already been addressed and litigated in precedent by the Edwards love child case.   Which actually was a case where I understand campaign funds WERE used for hush money.  And the Feds chose not to prosecute.

Well, the federal side of things is what Bragg is trying to use to turn a NY misdemeanor into a NY felony.  The underlying violation of NY law has to do with the claim that business records were falsified, which is a misdemeanor on its own.

Still, a misdemeanor is an extraditable offense, so that's all Bragg needs to get extradition is an indictment on the business records violation.

Of course, I believe that, as a misdemeanor, the statute of limitations may have run, so that should present a basis for contesting extradition if Bragg only gets an indictment on the business records violation.

The thing to keep in mind is that this is all based on NY law, and even the claim that the business records falsification was in order to pursue a federal elections violation ultimately turns on what the standard of proof is under NY law - without researching the subject, it is possible that the NY jury could be permitted to draw its own conclusions regarding whether the NY prosecutor proved a violation of non-NY law beyond a reasonable doubt as a predicate showing to whether the underlying NY law was violated.

Ultimately, it all turns on what NY law says.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 03:25:10 pm by Kamaji »

Offline libertybele

@catfish1957

Well @sneakypete crowd size doesn't necessarily equate to being seated in the oval office. 

??? How can you even compare crowd size@ sneakeypete when DeSantis isn't even campaigning?

I voted for Trump twice so don't put me in the category of a "Never Trumper".  However, because I believe that Trump has become unhinged and he is attacking a very conservative and popular governor he won't be getting another vote from me.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Well, the federal side of things is what Bragg is trying to use to turn a NY misdemeanor into a NY felony.  The underlying violation of NY law has to do with the claim that business records were falsified, which is a misdemeanor on its own.

Still, a misdemeanor is an extraditable offense, so that's all Bragg needs to get extradition is an indictment on the business records violation.

Of course, I believe that, as a misdemeanor, the statute of limitations may have run, so that should present a basis for contesting extradition if Bragg only gets an indictment on the business records violation.

The thing to keep in mind is that this is all based on NY law, and even the claim that the business records falsification was in order to pursue a federal elections violation ultimately turns on what the standard of proof is under NY law - without researching the subject, it is possible that the NY jury could be permitted to draw its own conclusions regarding whether the NY prosecutor proved a violation of non-NY law beyond a reasonable doubt as a predicate showing to whether the underlying NY law was violated.

Ultimately, it all turns on what NY law says.

I wonder if there is a record of the last time someone was extradited 7 states over, over a misdemeanor.

Offline Kamaji

I wonder if there is a record of the last time someone was extradited 7 states over, over a misdemeanor.

I'm sure it doesn't happen very often because of the time and expense involved.  However, that doesn't mean that it won't happen in this case.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I'm sure it doesn't happen very often because of the time and expense involved.  However, that doesn't mean that it won't happen in this case.

I am wondering if it has EVER happened.