General Category > Elections 2024

Trump to Hold Massive Rally in the Face of Bragg’s Potential Indictment

<< < (2/29) > >>

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on March 24, 2023, 03:44:40 pm ---I understand extradition.  I am trying to envision who and how it happens.  NYC cops?...  Marshalls?,   Dog the Bounty Hunter?   :silly:

--- End quote ---

Short answer is that the Governor of NY will contact the Governor of Fla..  Florida law enforcement will then seize and hold that person, and then NY law enforcement will travel to Fla., pick up the person, and then travel back to NY.

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: Maj. Bill Martin on March 24, 2023, 04:35:08 pm ---Short answer is that the Governor of NY will contact the Governor of the other state.  Law enforcement of that other state will then seize and hold that person, and the extracting state Will have its law enforcement people travel to that state, pick up the person, and then travel back to their own state.

--- End quote ---

Will the person in question have the opportunity to contest the extradition in Florida prior to being shipped off to NY?

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Maj. Bill Martin on March 24, 2023, 04:35:08 pm ---Short answer is that the Governor of NY will contact the Governor of Fla..  Florida law enforcement will then seize and hold that person, and then NY law enforcement will travel to Fla., pick up the person, and then travel back to NY.

--- End quote ---

And if that happened it would be political suicide for DeSantis. 

This thing is dead in the water before it started.

bigheadfred:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on March 24, 2023, 04:36:53 pm ---Will the person in question have the opportunity to contest the extradition in Florida prior to being shipped off to NY?

--- End quote ---

Fighting the extradition would be stupid (so therefore plausible for Trump) as it would only delay the process and maybe extend his time in custody when that time should be spent in a courtroom.

bigheadfred:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on March 24, 2023, 04:44:50 pm ---And if that happened it would be political suicide for DeSantis.

This thing is dead in the water before it started.

--- End quote ---

I don't think so. DeSantis, as governor, is legally bound to follow the law.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version