Author Topic: Trump to Hold Massive Rally in the Face of Bragg’s Potential Indictment  (Read 6208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to Hold Massive Rally in the Face of Bragg’s Potential Indictment

On Saturday, 45th President Donald Trump will take to Waco, Texas to hold a massive rally of supporters who wish to see him elected to a second term in 2024. The rally takes place as Trump is staring down a potential indictment from Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg (D).

Trump’s rally will take place in the Waco Regional Airport on March 25th starting at 5 p.m. with doors opening at noon. Registration for the event can be found here.

Like many of his previous rallies, Trump is expected to see a packed house.

more
https://dcenquirer.com/trump-to-hold-massive-rally-in-the-face-of-braggs-potential-indictment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The fact this fat little DA thumbed his nose at the GOP House subpoena, tells everything you need to know about his interest in the rule of law. 

I don't know the logistics of this, but just how does a entity in NYC law enforemcent body arrest a FL resident?  NYC cops? 
This might end up being the best Keystone Cops episode we've seen in awhile.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The fact this fat little DA thumbed his nose at the GOP House subpoena, tells everything you need to know about his interest in the rule of law. 

I don't know the logistics of this, but just how does a entity in NYC law enforemcent body arrest a FL resident?  NYC cops? 

Extradition.  It's actually very common.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Extradition.  It's actually very common.

I understand extradition.  I am trying to envision who and how it happens.  NYC cops?...  Marshalls?,   Dog the Bounty Hunter?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The perfect time to arrest Trump would have to be at his speech in Waco.  :whistle:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I understand extradition.  I am trying to envision who and how it happens.  NYC cops?...  Marshalls?,   Dog the Bounty Hunter?   :silly:

Short answer is that the Governor of NY will contact the Governor of Fla..  Florida law enforcement will then seize and hold that person, and then NY law enforcement will travel to Fla., pick up the person, and then travel back to NY.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 04:37:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

Short answer is that the Governor of NY will contact the Governor of the other state.  Law enforcement of that other state will then seize and hold that person, and the extracting state Will have its law enforcement people travel to that state, pick up the person, and then travel back to their own state.

Will the person in question have the opportunity to contest the extradition in Florida prior to being shipped off to NY?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Short answer is that the Governor of NY will contact the Governor of Fla..  Florida law enforcement will then seize and hold that person, and then NY law enforcement will travel to Fla., pick up the person, and then travel back to NY.

And if that happened it would be political suicide for DeSantis. 

This thing is dead in the water before it started.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Will the person in question have the opportunity to contest the extradition in Florida prior to being shipped off to NY?

Fighting the extradition would be stupid (so therefore plausible for Trump) as it would only delay the process and maybe extend his time in custody when that time should be spent in a courtroom.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I don't think so. DeSantis, as governor, is legally bound to follow the law.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 04:53:49 pm by bigheadfred »

Offline Kamaji

I believe that extradition is governed, at least in part, by the U.S. Constitution and by federal statute.

Also, there appears to be very limited discretion on the part of a state governor when it comes to extradition:

In a 1987 case, Puerto Rico v. Branstad, the court overruled Dennison, and held that the governor of the asylum state has no discretion in performing his or her duty to extradite, whether that duty arises under the Extradition Clause of the Constitution or under the Extradition Act (18 U.S.C. § 3182), and that a federal court may enforce the governor's duty to return the fugitive to the demanding state.  There are only four grounds upon which the governor of the asylum state may deny another state's request for extradition:

the extradition documents facially are not in order;
the person has not been charged with a crime in the demanding state;
the person is not the person named in the extradition documents; or
the person is not a fugitive.

Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extradition_law_in_the_United_States

As a result, I rather doubt DeSantis would have much say in the matter.

However, since the Court said that a federal court may enforce the obligation to extradite, DeSantis might take the option of refusing to extradite, and leave it to the federal courts and the U.S. marshals to enforce extradition against Trump.

Depending on how DeSantis plays that, it might lead to an interesting result.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 04:55:49 pm by Kamaji »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I don't think so. DeSantis, as governor, is legally bound to follow the law.

Legally bound and degrees of cooperation are two different things.

I can see DeSantis being able to throw 15 levels of beauacracy and legal entanglements to snarl the process.

Also, what level of zeal might the LEO's have in snaring Trump.  They can knock three times, walk away, and in the spirit of the law met that obligation.

My point is and was that if it looks like DeSantis is overcooperative, it won't help him politically.  Furthermore, DeSantis might counter that since Bragg won't respond to a congressional subpoena on D.A's motive, he can or might say there are circumstantial factors that preclude a surrender.  Even via a filed injunction on the extradition filing.

Two sides can fight bull shit frivilous political persecutions.

Offline Kamaji

Legally bound and degrees of cooperation are two different things.

I can see DeSantis being able to throw 15 levels of beauacracy and legal entanglements to snarl the process.

Also, what level of zeal might the LEO's have in snaring Trump.  They can knock three times, walk away, and in the spirit of the law met that obligation.

My point is and was that if it looks like DeSantis is overcooperative, it won't help him politically.  Furthermore, DeSantis might counter that since Bragg won't respond to a congressional subpoena on D.A's motive, he can or might say there are circumstantial factors that preclude a surrender.  Even via a filed injunction on the extradition filing.

Two sides can fight bull shit frivilous political persecutions.

In which case, DeSantis may simply be best served by refusing to cooperate, and letting the federal courts and the U.S. marshals enforce the extradition request.

It is my understanding that a governor has very little discretion about whether to comply with an extradition request.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
In which case, DeSantis may simply be best served by refusing to cooperate, and letting the federal courts and the U.S. marshals enforce the extradition request.

It is my understanding that a governor has very little discretion about whether to comply with an extradition request.

Which would put RDS in the proverbial rock and a hard place.  Any paperwork with his name on it getting DJT back NYC will be damaging campaign fodder in '24.

If that was Trump's intent, he is more politically shrewd  than I realized.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What does RDS facilitating Trump's possible extradition to NY have to do with the subject of this thread?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What does RDS facilitating Trump's possible extradition to NY have to do with the subject of this thread?

I think the last half of the headline "in the face of" set it off.   :shrug:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Don't worry....

@Right_in_Virginia will have a Rally thread with by-the-second updates as the "Massive Rally" event occurs. 

Me?  I'll watch Impractical Joker reruns instead and get the same cultural and inspirational value.

I don't know. It might be fun to do "body" count to see how many times the keywords "DeSantis" and "Indictment" are used.    :police:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I don't know. It might be fun to do "body" count to see how many times the keywords "DeSantis" and "Indictment" are used.    :police:

I don't know Fred....   We've had SOTU drinking games, but I don't know if i could stomach an entire Trump rally.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I don't know Fred....   We've had SOTU drinking games, but I don't know if i could stomach an entire Trump rally.

Truth to tell, I don't recall having listened to a full speech by any political person unless it was Reagan 1.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Don't worry....

@Right_in_Virginia will have a Rally thread with by-the-second updates as the "Massive Rally" event occurs. 

Me?  I'll watch Impractical Joker reruns instead and get the same cultural and inspirational value.

I'm a little embarrassed by this and the subsequent replies @mystery-ak   I thought my efforts were adding something of value.  I'll be happy to stand down, if you'd like me to.

Just let me know.  Thanks.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I'm a little embarrassed by this and the subsequent replies @mystery-ak   I thought my efforts were adding something of value.  I'll be happy to stand down, if you'd like me to.

lol...

Didn't realize you've gotten this touchy.  I'll retract the post so I won't hurt your feelings.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Subtle and deadly. Tongue in cheekiness with devil horns. Are you a Navy Seal?

Offline Kamaji

Wow.  Passive-aggressive much?

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
“What kind of person,” Mr. Trump wrote of Mr. Bragg, “can charge another person, in this case a former president of the United States, who got more votes than any sitting president in history, and leading candidate (by far!) for the Republican Party nomination, with a crime, when it is known by all that NO crime has been committed, & also that potential death & destruction in such a false charge could be catastrophic for our country?”  D.J. Trump

i suspect that the potential candidates... making this sort of loopy threat..... might change the game entirely

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
“What kind of person,” Mr. Trump wrote of Mr. Bragg, “can charge another person, in this case a former president of the United States, who got more votes than any sitting president in history, and leading candidate (by far!) for the Republican Party nomination, with a crime, when it is known by all that NO crime has been committed, & also that potential death & destruction in such a false charge could be catastrophic for our country?”  D.J. Trump

i suspect that the potential candidates... making this sort of loopy threat..... might change the game entirely

In some multi-dimensional chess game pawn takes Knight...