Author Topic: Military recruitment under Joe Biden reaches 'bleakest' levels since post-Vietnam nadir  (Read 166 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 24, 2023
Military recruitment under Joe Biden reaches 'bleakest' levels since post-Vietnam nadir
By Monica Showalter

Under Joe Biden and all the big 'stars' at the Pentagon -- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, Gen. Mark Milley -- the U.S. military is falling grossly short of its recruitment goals.

This comes just as China ramps up its military machine, the U.S. deepens its involvement in the Russia-Ukraine conflict, and resources, including U.S. troops, are going to be needed.

The Senate, to its credit, has noticed something amiss.

According to the Washington Post:

Lawmakers urged the Pentagon on Wednesday to get aggressive and creative in confronting what they warned were dangerous shortfalls in military recruiting, agreeing broadly that the issue threatens national security even as Republicans and Democrats argued over what’s to blame for the deepening crisis.

The issue came before the Senate Armed Services Committee as U.S. defense officials face the bleakest recruiting environment since the aftermath of the Vietnam War, with less than a quarter of Americans ages 17 to 24 years old eligible to serve — and just 9 percent willing to do so. The situation probably will take years to correct, they told the senators, forecasting that the Army, Air Force and Navy all will fall short of their goals this year, possibly by thousands of recruits.

The Pentagon has attributed its difficulties to a variety of factors, including the nation’s low unemployment rate, school closings during the coronavirus pandemic that limited recruiters’ access to high school students and faculty, and a shifting culture in which more teens gravitate to jobs with work-life balance.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/03/military_recruitment_under_joe_biden_reaches_bleakest_levels_since_postvietnam_nadir.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Besides disco, which sucked, and some good rock music, what’s different now than in the 1970s
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Besides disco, which sucked, and some good rock music, what’s different now than in the 1970s

The added bonuses of the failed wars in Iraq and F ghanistan plus the dumpster fire in Ukraine that could possibly see American boots on that ground.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 06:01:20 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley