Author Topic: Stranded Migrants Saved After Attempted San Diego Border Breach  (Read 113 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Stranded Migrants Saved After Attempted San Diego Border Breach
The six Haitian nationals became stuck Wednesday in the swollen Tijuana River channel, according to U.S. Customs.

Susan C. Schena,

Posted Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 7:31 pm PT

Border Patrol agents helped rescue Haitian nationals who became stranded in the Tijuana River channel while attempting to illegally enter the United States Wednesday.

SAN YSIDRO, CA — Six Haitian migrants, reportedly trying to illegally enter the country, were rescued by authorities Wednesday after getting stuck on the swollen Tijuana River channel, just west of the San Ysidro port of entry in San Diego County, officials said.

Border Patrol agents helped rescue the six adults, who became stranded on a small “island,” that was in unusually deep, swift-moving water due to recent, high rainfall, according to the San Diego sector of U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Assisting in the operation were San Diego County Fire and Rescue and San Diego Lifeguard River Rescue teams, the agency said.

The Tijuana River site is a common entry point for individuals attempting to illegally enter the U.S. from Mexico, according to Border Patrol staff.

After medical evaluations, the persons were taken into Border Patrol custody, the agency said.

https://patch.com/california/lamesa/stranded-migrants-saved-after-attempted-san-diego-border-breach
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson