General Category > National/Breaking News

Washington Dems Want English-Language Requirement Cut for Certain Civil Service Positions

<< < (2/2)

Fishrrman:
"The bill’s sponsor, state Sen. Javier Valdez..."

Notice anything...?

Once more, Fishrrman's dialectic:
You may not be interested in the politics of race, ethnicity, and identity.
But the politics of race, ethnicity and identity are VERY MUCH interested ... in YOU.

berdie:
If I read this correctly, civil servants will not be required to speak the language (English) of the country they are employed in.

There are many companies today that outsource their customer service/technical support. Although I admire these people whose first language is not English for doing these jobs, I hate to make these calls. I can't understand what they are saying due to their accents.

I can't, in my wildest dreams imagine what it would be like to try to communicate with someone, about something that might have vital importance, who doesn't speak the language.

I'm hoping I am misreading this article

verga:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 24, 2023, 02:04:19 pm ---Firefighters don't have to speak English? WTF? That's a safety issue.

What's next? Air Traffic Controllers?

English Teachers?

--- End quote ---
Any one that wants a pilot's license (Sport, Private, or Commercial) must be able to read and speak English. English is required of all Pilots, even international.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version