Author Topic: Illegal immigration in Florida: A by-the-numbers look at a surge  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal immigration in Florida: A by-the-numbers look at a surge

Jesse Mendoza, Tallahassee Democrat
Thu, March 23, 2023 at 5:11 AM EDT·3 min read

A spike in illegal immigration and victory in a key lawsuit has given Gov. Ron DeSantis ammunition in support of his hardline stance on immigration policies.

Only the southwest border states of Texas, Arizona, California and New Mexico have seen more undocumented immigrants than Florida so far this fiscal year, according to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Florida ranks just ahead of New York and well ahead of most other states nationwide, with a total of 57,816 contacts with those who have entered the country illegally between October and February. That is more than the number of contacts made in the state during the entire 2022 and 2021 fiscal years combined.

Of those, a total of 5,005 individuals have been apprehended.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/illegal-immigration-florida-numbers-look-091159589.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson