Author Topic: Feds seize 10,167 doses of counterfeit meds in El Paso  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Feds seize 10,167 doses of counterfeit meds in El Paso
« on: March 24, 2023, 11:22:49 am »

BORDER CRIME
Feds seize 10,167 doses of counterfeit meds in El Paso
Counterfeit prescription drugs seized in El Paso

Hispanic-themed businesses allegedly selling fake, mislabeled or illegally imported prescription drugs from Mexico

by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Mar 23, 2023 / 12:59 PM CDT

Updated: Mar 23, 2023 / 02:08 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Federal investigators seized more than 10,000 doses of counterfeit and illegally imported prescription drugs during inspections last week at Hispanic-themed businesses in El Paso.

The illicit pharmaceuticals range from cough medicine to drugs used to treat cancer, according to Homeland Security Investigations special agents who visited five businesses on March 17 accompanied by pharmaceutical industry representatives.

The medication seized includes Desenfriolilto-Plus (a popular children’s cold symptoms reliever), the antihistamine Bonadoxina, a vitamin supplement called Beyodecta, and Acxion — a controlled substance used as an appetite suppressant that can cause dependence.

Federal officials worry that border residents’ familiarity with Mexican prescription drugs – Juarez, Mexico across the border from El Paso is a regional medical tourism destination – may lure them to buy harmful products.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/feds-seize-10167-doses-of-counterfeit-meds-in-el-paso/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson