Author Topic: Canadian Conservatives elect working-class champion Pierre Poilievre to topple Trudeau  (Read 636 times)

Offline libertybele

Canadian Conservatives elect working-class champion Pierre Poilievre to topple Trudeau

After campaigning to stop the "have-yachts" from continuing to take advantage of the "have-nots," to combat "wokeism," and to counter "Justin-flation," the Alberta-born Pierre Poilievre was elected leader of the Conservative Party of Canada on September 10.

In Canada's equivalent of a primary election, the 43-year-old won in a landslide, taking 70.7% of over 400,000 votes (or 68.15% of the points). The former Liberal premier of Quebec, Jean Charest ⁠— who had aligned himself with the status quo that Poilievre means to disrupt ⁠— came in a distant second with 16.07%.

As leader of the official opposition party, Poilievre will now go toe to toe with the increasingly unpopular Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and potentially replace him in the next federal election.

In his victory speech, the married father of two reiterated his commitment to helping Canadians regain control over their finances, their lives, and their country. "Tonight begins the journey to replace an old government that costs you more and delivers you less with a new government that puts you first," he said. ...............

https://www.conservativereview.com/canadian-conservatives-elect-working-class-champion-pierre-poilievre-to-topple-trudeau-2658199799.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

See there... First step in a big I told you so...
An Alberta boy... I already know where he'll be going on vaccines and gun control and a host of other things.

TRUE NORTH!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
See there... First step in a big I told you so...
An Alberta boy... I already know where he'll be going on vaccines and gun control and a host of other things.

TRUE NORTH!
Hope for our northern neighbors.
(and for us if we are forced to skedaddle!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Hope for our northern neighbors.
(and for us if we are forced to skedaddle!)

That's right  :beer:

I'd have been just as excited if Saskatchewan stepped up.
But an Albertan suits me fine.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
A conservative in Canada?  Just can't be.  I thought they exterminated all their conservatives.

:pop41:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I hope he has a LOT of armed bodyguards that he can trust.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

I hope he has a LOT of armed bodyguards that he can trust.

Along with a pack of bomb sniffing dogs and food tasters
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy