General Category > General Discussion

Symbolism and Meaning of Nose Rings Explained -enjoyed the article and hope you do too

(1/4) > >>

240B:

SYMBOLSAGE
Dani Rhys

Among the oldest types of jewelry in the world, nose rings are common accessories worn by women across the globe. While in the West, the trend of wearing nose rings is somewhat new, in other parts of the world, the practice of wearing nose rings dates back hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

Unlike most other types of jewelry, nose rings can be viewed symbolically. They hold varying meanings, depending on culture and region. Even in the West, nose rings have represented many things – from counter culturalism, rebellion, and anti-conservatism to simply just a fashion accessory.

Intrigued? Here’s a closer exploration of the symbolism and meaning of nose rings around the world.

(more)
https://symbolsage.com/symbolism-of-nose-rings/

Kamaji:

--- Quote ---Let’s begin by dispelling a myth. The term nose ring is somewhat misleading, because there are many types of nose jewelry and not just rings. The following image shows nine types of nose jewelry. While these are colloquially called ‘nose rings’, they each have their own name.

--- End quote ---

Kamaji:

240B:
Yes, me too. I always thought nose ring meant slavery or submission. The author may not be telling the 'entire' truth.
BTW, cannot imagine how uncomfortable that would be. What do they do in hay fever season, or cold and flu?
Don't even what to think about it.

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: 240B on March 23, 2023, 09:28:32 pm ---Yes, me too. I always thought nose ring meant slavery or submission. The author may not be telling the 'entire' truth.
BTW, cannot imagine how uncomfortable that would be. What do they do in hay fever season, or cold and flu?
Don't even what to think about it.

--- End quote ---

:thumbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version