Author Topic: Transgender Athlete Wins NYC Women’s Cycling Event  (Read 777 times)

Offline Kamaji

Transgender Athlete Wins NYC Women’s Cycling Event
« on: March 23, 2023, 08:58:31 pm »
Transgender Athlete Wins NYC Women’s Cycling Event

Madeline Leesman
March 23, 2023

A transgender athlete won a women’s cycling event in New York City over the weekend, according to a report from Fox News.

The athlete, Tiffany Thomas, posed between two biological females in first place at the Randall’s Island Criteriums. Thomas, who is transgender, reportedly rides for L.A. Sweat (via Fox News):

It appeared to be the first time Thomas has finished in first place this year. Thomas has finished in first place 16 total times in her career, according to her Road Results page.

On her Road Results page, Thomas is listed in Category 1 which is considered an elite level under USA Cycling rules. USA Cycling follows the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) rules regarding transgender athletes at the elite level of competition. USA Cycling points out the "main points" on its website.

"Those who transition from female to male (FTM) are eligible to compete in the male category upon providing a written and signed declaration acceptable to the UCI Medical Manager. It is the responsibility of athletes to be aware of current WADA/USADA policies and to file for appropriate therapeutic use exemptions," the first rule states.

"Those who transition from male to female (MTF) are eligible to compete in the female category under the following conditions:

"The athlete has declared that their gender identity is female."

"The athlete must demonstrate that their total testosterone level in serum has been below 2.5 nmol/L for a period of at least 24 months."

"The athlete's total testosterone level in serum must remain below 2.5 nmol/L throughout the period of desired eligibility to compete in the female category."

Last week, Hannah Arensman, a 35-time winner on the national cyclocross circuit, said in an amicus brief to the United States Supreme Court that she retired from her sport when she finished in fourth place between two male-bodied “transgender” athletes at a competition (via the Supreme Court of the United States):

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/madelineleesman/2023/03/23/transgender-wins-womens-cycling-event-n2621041

Offline Kamaji

Re: Transgender Athlete Wins NYC Women’s Cycling Event
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 08:59:02 pm »
For how long are women - real women, not mentally sick men dressed in ladies' clothing - going to take this abuse lying down?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 09:09:53 pm »
For how long are women - real women, not mentally sick men dressed in ladies' clothing - going to take this abuse lying down?

Probably until all the rest of us decide we aren't going to take it any more.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 09:15:07 pm »
Many "real" women are at the root of the problem...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 09:17:37 pm »

I realize that.  I'm just wondering how long they're going to continue to allow themselves to be abused in this manner.

Online berdie

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 09:21:01 pm »
I, for one, am a little sick of looking at a person and wondering what gender they are. 9999hair out0000

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 09:22:02 pm »
I, for one, am a little sick of looking at a person and wondering what gender they are. 9999hair out0000

:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 09:40:12 pm »
I realize that.  I'm just wondering how long they're going to continue to allow themselves to be abused in this manner.

A question I would like the answer to as well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 09:40:25 pm »
Yep. I feel sorry for people dating these days. All my life this was NEVER an issue.
Today, the first question on a date is, 'Were you born a man/woman?' (let's just get that out the way right now)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2023, 09:22:30 am »
"Hey, You!" works.

It is the death of the ordinary gender specific pronoun.

In severe cases, "assh*le" works, too, because everyone has one.

Unfortunately, that does little to promote civil discourse, but the people promoting this aren't interested in that.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 09:23:18 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2023, 09:25:38 am »
Maybe they are waiting for 'real men' to step up and put a stop to this nonsense.

Ladies, I hate to say it, but that ship sailed with all the "empowerment" and "equality" stuff we've been handed. At my age, I'm not playing, so it's almost fun to watch them all squirm.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2023, 12:55:38 am »

@Kamaji

After all the years women spent fighting for equality,it blows my mind that they are sitting still for this insanity.

WHERE is the logic in this?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2023, 08:39:20 pm »
Yes, liberal, white females…..America’s biggest demographic problem.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2023, 08:40:55 pm »
Maybe they are waiting for 'real men' to step up and put a stop to this nonsense.

Ladies, I hate to say it, but that ship sailed with all the "empowerment" and "equality" stuff we've been handed. At my age, I'm not playing, so it's almost fun to watch them all squirm.

Why would they do that?  They're adults, and more than capable of speaking for themselves.  See, e.g., the following:  Female Athlete Accuses Transgender Swimmer Lia Thomas of Cheating and Stealing Title

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2023, 08:50:46 pm »
Yeah, back in the late sixties and early seventies we had a similar problem, driving behind someone and seeing beautiful long hair. The difference back then is that when you pulled up along side the car you knew right away if it was a man or woman, now?  :shrug: Though there are always the linebacker types in a dress that leave no doubt :silly: :silly:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2023, 08:53:00 pm »
Yeah, back in the late sixties and early seventies we had a similar problem, driving behind someone and seeing beautiful long hair. The difference back then is that when you pulled up along side the car you knew right away if it was a man or woman, now?  :shrug: Though there are always the linebacker types in a dress that leave no doubt :silly: :silly:

:mauslaff:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2023, 09:20:48 pm »
If men are so much better at being women than women are, why am I not dating trannies? Never mind. I know the reason.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2023, 09:27:37 pm »
If men are so much better at being women than women are, why am I not dating trannies? Never mind. I know the reason.

Your wife would kill you?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2023, 09:48:13 pm »
Your wife would kill you?

I'd kill myself first. For the record, I am a widower of 8 years, but I do have a girlfriend. She is BOTH biological female and identifies as such.