Author Topic: Stanford College Republicans Names and Shames Students Who Intimidated School Dean  (Read 601 times)

Offline Kamaji

Stanford College Republicans Names and Shames Students Who Intimidated School Dean

Julio Rosas
March 23, 2023

The Stanford College Republicans took to Twitter to name and shame the students who "dressed in black to ambush and harass Dean Martinez" because she offered an apology to Fifth Circuit appellate judge Kyle Duncan because activists heckled him during a speech on campus after being invited by the school's Federalist Society.

The incident was caught on camera and went viral, because not only did students berate Duncan, but so did Tirien Steinbach, the school’s diversity dean for not referring to a transgender sex offender’s preferred pronouns in a 2020 opinion.

The Washington Free Beacon reported:

When Martinez’s class adjourned on Monday, the protesters, dressed in black and wearing face masks that read 'counter-speech is free speech,' stared silently at Martinez as she exited her first-year constitutional law class at 11:00 a.m., according to five students who witnessed the episode. The student protesters, who formed a human corridor from Martinez’s classroom to the building’s exit, comprised nearly a third of the law school, the students told the Washington Free Beacon.

The Stanford College Republicans then posted photos of members of the university's  National Lawyers Guild, while calling for them to be disciplined because they engaged in fascist behavior. The diversity dean is now on leave as fallout from the incident continues.

https://twitter.com/Stanford_GOP/status/1635809471728590850

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2023/03/23/standford-college-republicans-names-and-shames-students-who-intimidated-dean-n2621058

Offline Kamaji

Good!

Time to start fighting.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Methinks the school leadership calculated that thumbing it in the face of the judiciary may not bode well for the future success of their students or the institution.
The Republic is lost.

Offline verga

Good!

Time to start fighting.
No it is long past time to start fighting.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I am guessing these get expelled for some kind of off centered obscure pseudo-doxxing infraction.  That in turn threatens to melt these snowflakes.

The left never gives up. This isn't over.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

I am guessing these get expelled for some kind of off centered obscure pseudo-doxxing infraction.  That in turn threatens to melt these snowflakes.

The left never gives up. This isn't over.

That's possible.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I don't think they'll get expelled or anything.  The NLG students "doxxed" all the leadership of the Federalist Society, and suffered no repercussions.  So I think this will stand.

Offline goatprairie

I hope their names and photos get circulated to every law firm in the country.

Offline Kamaji

I hope their names and photos get circulated to every law firm in the country.

Unfortunately, at a lot of firms, that'll just enhance their appeal.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The truth is that the kind of students who do that are unlikely to be the kind working on high-end firms, and many are likely to go into activist lines of legal work anyway.  Non-profits, public defender, leftist governmental entities, etc.

Online mountaineer

Law school announces Associate Dean Steinbach on leave, ‘mandatory educational programming’ for students
By Greta Reich
April 2, 2023, 1:39 p.m.

On March 22, Stanford Law School (SLS) Dean Jenny Martinez released a 10-page memo to the SLS community defending her decision to apologize to Judge Kyle Duncan and issuing next steps for those involved. No individual protester will be punished, according to her letter, though all SLS students will take part in a mandatory training in spring quarter about freedom of speech.

The memo comes weeks after a student protest during the US Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit Judge Kyle Duncan’s speech on campus on March 9. Martinez and University President Marc Tessier-Lavigne sent Duncan an apology due to the protest’s disruption of his speech, violating Stanford’s free-speech policies. The apology letter sparked another protest from the students on March 13 against Martinez in her lecture hall.

As part of next steps, Martinez announced that SLS Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Tirien Steinbach — whose viral mid-event speech questioned whether Duncan’s words were “worth the squeeze” — is on leave. In her letter, Martinez stood by her original apology to Duncan where she condemned Steinbach for participating in the debate. ... Stanford Daily
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Law school announces Associate Dean Steinbach on leave, ‘mandatory educational programming’ for students
By Greta Reich
April 2, 2023, 1:39 p.m.

On March 22, Stanford Law School (SLS) Dean Jenny Martinez released a 10-page memo to the SLS community defending her decision to apologize to Judge Kyle Duncan and issuing next steps for those involved. No individual protester will be punished, according to her letter, though all SLS students will take part in a mandatory training in spring quarter about freedom of speech.

The memo comes weeks after a student protest during the US Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit Judge Kyle Duncan’s speech on campus on March 9. Martinez and University President Marc Tessier-Lavigne sent Duncan an apology due to the protest’s disruption of his speech, violating Stanford’s free-speech policies. The apology letter sparked another protest from the students on March 13 against Martinez in her lecture hall.

As part of next steps, Martinez announced that SLS Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Tirien Steinbach — whose viral mid-event speech questioned whether Duncan’s words were “worth the squeeze” — is on leave. In her letter, Martinez stood by her original apology to Duncan where she condemned Steinbach for participating in the debate. ... Stanford Daily

Is this one of those "my karma ran over my dogma" things?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

I believe several federal judges have publicly stated that they will not hire clerks from Stanford (or Yale) right now, precisely because of these shenanigans.