Author Topic: Military services seek to expand pool of potential recruits  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military services seek to expand pool of potential recruits
« on: March 23, 2023, 04:07:53 pm »
Military services seek to expand pool of potential recruits

Alexandra Lohr@FNNAlex
March 22, 2023 5:42 pm

As the military looks at another year where it will likely fall short of its recruiting goals, its services want to find ways to bring in new sources of recruits. It means working with candidates who previously fell short of standards, issuing waivers to others and finding underrepresented demographic groups.

The services lowered their recruiting goals for 2024 after failing to meet their 2023 targets in most cases; only the Marine Corps met its goals. The Army said only 23% of 17- to 24-year-old Americans are fully qualified to serve, with similar numbers for the Air Force and Navy.

The Navy plans to follow the lead of the Army in creating a future sailors preparatory course. The program will help recruits who failed to meet academic or physical standards train to increase their scores.

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/defense-main/2023/03/military-services-seek-to-expand-pool-of-potential-recruits/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Military services seek to expand pool of potential recruits
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 04:13:50 pm »
Then the Joint Chumps and the administration need to get honest/real about why people are not enlisting, something they don't seem overly anxious to do.  But to that would be an admission they have been dishonest about the problem all along. :nothappen:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson